The Dance Part 3

Chapter Two

When Kate saw the head she realised it belonged to Grandpa Harry and it rolled and rolled all around the garden. It started spinning until it glowed and spat something vile from its mouth. A couple of teeth Kate supposed but wasn't sure.

"Hey there good-looking! " said old Harry. What's keeping you, come on in, I have a surrrrrprrrrise!' Kate slowly followed the horrible head up the steps. Slimy worms and little eyeballs were everywhere .The dance music was so loud she could hardly think. Everyone was having fun dancing and drinking but she didn't recognize anyone.

They all had long hair and terribly long nails. Not that chic Kate thought to herself . Didn't anyone know they were out of fashion? Blue was the new colour for long nails !

Old Harry re-connected to his head ,just the wrong way though, because he was in a rush to get the next track going on his decks. No one noticed no one cared- you see everyone was very dead. Indeed they couldn't have been more lifeless. They were so happy every night they just got out of bed –sorry their graves – and made a dash for groovy Harry's place. The house was always empty and ready for a good shaking. Sometimes there were star guests, angels and on some hot nights the devil showed up. No one liked him because he ruined the party.

One night he appeared and turned up the heat and got everyone very thirsty, then he made everyone fight about the music and he just sat there and laughed until the angles all came unexpected and kicked him out. Harp music began and all the guests danced the blues.