His First Kiss and His Pocket Knife

Hamish was fourteen when he had his first kiss. Pretty normal so far..But no one else kissed with a knife.

All Hamish could remember to do with this kiss was that he held his shiny new pocket knife in his mouth. And the innocent girl never would have expected such horror.

His knife was purchased by his uncle from Prague. He often went away and brought fancy chocolates for his son to try, along with little glowing lanterns and candles..But Hamish hadn't received a weapon as a present before.

'There you go, Hamish,' his uncle had said. 'Don't do anything unreasonable with it.'

Viewpoint of victim

Hamish was the sweetest ever teenager. He brought me bars of soap along with bunches of roses. More importantly, he remembered my name. But then it all changed, and none of what Hamish said previously mattered.

Walking into his room, I observed nothing more than the bedroom of a teenager. He appeared very intelligent to me, though. He was a special teenager. I used to think he was special in a good way.

He appeared to pull me in gently, but he really tugged on my collar and nearly strangled me! I just didn't realise that at the time because my 'boyfriend' was giving me all of this sweet talk. I absolutely loved it and thought that this was lifting up my heart. To tell the truth, it was sinking my heart into more trouble. I collapsed in shock when I realised what the evil soul of a boy did to me.

'Close your eyes, Sarah,' Hamish whispered with confidence.

I did what I was told and I felt like I was going to get a kiss on the cheek or a chocolate bar in my hand. Instead, I got a blade to my lips.

I didn't feel the pain at first and began to snog Hamish with all of my desire. But then I couldn't help but open my eyes to the truth as I felt most of my blood contained within me gushing out of my mouth. I was cheated and absolutely horrified to the core of my bones.

'No, no, close your eyes again!' Hamish had howled as I stared at him in shock.

I wanted to deliberately disobey this horrible creature, but the blade of his knife locked on to my tongue as I tried to shout. So I decided it was better to keep my mouth shut and close my eyes again, too.

As the knife dug deeper, the pain hit an extreme point of intensity. But I couldn't feel it anymore after a few seconds. Consequently, the numbness of my mouth travelled down to my toes and I had become paralysed. Wanting to scream and in deprivation of my voice, I became ravenous and out of my mind. But I thought I may as well get used to it and the future scars put me to sleep.

I immediately woke up as Hamish put me down from the position of discomfort in his arms. I threw up as I had to see the sight of myself in the mirror and the blazing bubbles in the frothy pillows that spilled out of my mouth.