Chapter 34: Denny's

Samara's POV
"Heyyyy Holden." I said awkwardly and held out the hey.

"Hiiii Samara." He said mocking me.

"So, how's it going?" I asked swiftly.

"Oh ya know, the usual. Just drinking my coffee, getting ready for work, wondering where the shit my sister was!" He said slowly holding out until the last part.

"Sorry, I tried to call you, but I fell asleep at the party and Spencer tried taking me here pm but realized there was no way in, so he ended up letting me stay at his house." I tried to explain as best as I could after Spencer filled me in on last night's adventure.

"Aw, well doesn't that sound fun? Except the part that I was worried all night wondering where you were!" He said sarcastically, then said sternly.

"I know, I'm sorry." I put my head down in shame.

"I'm not mad at you, but I'm just wondering why Spencer have just called or texted me quickly to tell me you'd be staying there?" He said calming down a bit.

"Maybe he was tired after returning home? I mean, he was carrying me everywhere." I shrugged.

"Ok, but you know why I was worried, right?" He asked me.

"Yes, I get it." I nodded my head.

"I'm sorry for getting angry with you, but I was just really worried." He sighed.

"It's ok Holden." I told him.

"Ok good because I want to treat us both to some breakfast." He smiled and grabbed his wallet.

"What about work?" I quirked my eyebrow.

"Work doesn't start until 12, so we have time." He explained to me.

"Ok. Could we get Denny's?" I pleaded.

"Of course lil sis." He said happily.

"Yay!" He grabbed his keys and we walked to the door.

"Don't you want to change?" He asked me.

"No, I want to go!" I said too excited. Why is he judging me? He was wearing a royal blue shirt, some grey jeans, and some red Vans.

"Ok then." He said unsurely.

Right as we were about to walk out, there was a knock on the door. When I opened the door, I came face-to-face with Spencer.

"Oh, I'm sorry guys. Were you guys on the way out?" He asked us.

"No, it's ok. What's up?" I asked him.

"Well, I got home and realized that you'd left your clothes at my place and decided that I should bring them back." He answered, making me look down to finally realize I was still wearing his sweatshirt.

Now I get why Holden asked me if I wanted to change.

"That's sweet of you, thank you." I smiled and took my clothes from his hand.

"Ok, well bye." He said and started to walk away.

"Hey, Spencer. Would you want to come eat breakfast with us?" Holden asked him before he got too far.

He turned around and immediately looked towards me with a look on his face. It looked like he was trying to ask me if it was ok to join us.

"Yeah, you should join us." I kindly added on.

"If that's ok with you both, then sure! I'd like to." He exclaimed.

"Yes, of course it's ok." I replied.