Teenage Dirtbag

-Chapter 1 (unedited)

Third Person POV

'cause i'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby
yeah, i'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby
listen to iron maiden maybe with me'

"I just don't get it!" Phil exclaimed over Skype to his two best friends, Chris and Pj.

"Well, you could just, come over, take your mind off of things, eh? You know what I'm talking about," Chris says, adding a flirtatious wink at the end.

Chris was quite the character. Half of the time you couldn't tell if he's being serious about most things, but he's a good friend when needed. He also happens to be as straight as a circle, hence why he acts very flirty. Or maybe that's just a part of his personality. Everyone knows he only has eyes for Pj, though Peej is completely oblivious about it.

"Chris, not the time. I don't know anything about the topic! Finals are in a week!" Phil argued again, still trying to get his point across to the boy.

"You know, I think it's best if you leave it at that tonight, Phil," the curly-haired friend spoke up, "You're clearly under a lot of stress, and we could go out or something to get your mind off of it."

"See, Peej agrees with me!"

Phil pondered over his options for a good minute or so, as his friends eagerly awaited his response. He could go out, he thought, or he could stay in and try and study a little more. He knew that wouldn't happen, though. He had already turned on the TV and his laptop.

"Okay, I guess it's fine," he says in a sombre tone. He still wasn't completely convinced that this was the best idea, but what has he got to lose?

"Sweet! I'll pick up Peej and we'll be right over," Chris says, his hazel eyes suddenly filled with glee.

Before Phil could interject and change his mind, Chris logged off and left him and Pj online.

"So...I'll see you later?" Phil says, kind of unsure of himself.

"Yeah...I'll see you in a bit, I guess. Bye." he says, quickly logging off.

Phil sighs, and runs his fingers through his hair. He can't repeat the year again. this was his last chance, before he would be sent to live on the streets by his mother. She was constantly comparing him to his rather successful brother, spitting sentences like "your brother would have never done that," or "Martyn would have done this." He was sick of it. But would much be in the comfort of his own home than aimlessly wondering the streets.

Lost in his trail of thoughts, he didn't notice when Pj and Chris walked through the front door and next to him at the dining table.

"Long time, no see, Philip. Now wake up." Chris says, waving his hand in front of his face to get his attention.

"Huh? Oh, you're here already," Phil says, wearing a very confused expression on his face.

"Yeah, we're here! Come on, let's go." he replies, standing up and dragging the two remaining boys to the door.

"Excuse me, boys, but where do you think you're going at this ungodly hour? And when did you even come?" a voice from behind speaks.

Phil's mum. The one time she just happens to be home.

Chris loosens his grip on Pj and Phil's wrists as the green-eyed one stepped forward to explain.

"Well, Phil called us up explaining he had trouble with his studying, so we're going back to my house to help him. We'll stay up as long as needed to make sure he finishes everything correctly," he says, a sense of pride and confidence in his voice as he tries to put Phil's mum at ease.

Pj was charming, and quick on his feet. He always knew what to say in these sort of situations, always coming up with some sort of lie to weasel him and his friends through tough spots, this being on of them. Phil's mum was convinced that he was a good kid, but in reality he was just as mischievous as the rest of the Fantastic Threesome, no doubt about it. She was still getting a very sketchy feeling from Chris, though.

"Okay, then. But why did Chris seem more excited then the two of you? I'd expect him to dislike studying the most, speaking that he, from what I've heard from the teachers, never hands in any of his work," she retorts, a smug expression growing on her normal resting bitch face.

"Um, I, uh..." he stutters, as Pj sighs and looks at the floor beneath him.

"He's, uh, just excited for me to finish so we can play video games, yeah that's it," Phil smiles weakly and releases a breath he never knew he was holding when she said it was fine.

The three friends quickly ran out the front door, not wanting another confrontation from anyone else that may have been in the house. They clamber into Chris' car, and drive out of the neighbourhood.

After a few minutes of aimless driving, Chris realised they never agreed on where they were going, so he pulled over on a nearby field and turned to face the two in the backseat.

"Uh, guys? Where did you even want to go?" he asked.

"We could go to the little bar around the corner if you like? We could grab a couple beers," Pj suggests.

"Okay I-"

"Maybe that's not a-"

"NOBODY ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION, PHIL," Chris interrupts, without a single, second glance as he turns his eyes back onto the road.

"Okay, then. I just don't think it's a good idea. We all know you are going to get more than two beers and get completely plastered," Phil sighs in defeat.

"That didn't change my mind whatsoever, and we're still going,"

~

"Wow, that is a lot of people here," Phil says, looking around the bar with a small smile tugging at his lips.

"No shit, Phil," Chris replies, making his way towards one of the bartenders.

"I thought you said it was small? This looks MASSIVE," Phil turns to Pj.

"Well, normally it isn't this crowded. Maybe there's some sort of event I didn't know about on," Pj says, shrugging his shoulders, "Come on, let's order a drink."

Pj drags Phil to the far end of the bar, away from Chris, and orders his drink.

"Okay, dude, you're up," he says, signalling to the bartender in front of them.

"Hi, my name is Dan. What can I get you?"

//song of the chapter - teenage dirtbag by wheatus//