Part 10

A few minutes later Gabriel flies into the driveway, tires squealing and gravel flying. He barely gets the car to a stop and turned off before he leaps out and bursts through the door causing Sam, Cas, and Dean to jump slightly. Gabriel rushes over to his little brother. "Castiel, who did this? Who hurt you?" He growls angrily. Fury dances like flames in his eyes and it casts a dark shadow over his face. Cas flinches as he sits u matter p.

"I-it doesn't . It's fine. I'm fine." Castiel says trying to convince his brother, and himself, but failing at both. Gabriel glares at Cas.

"Liar. Who. Did it." Cas does not meet his brothers eyes, he stares at his bruised knuckles laying in his lap.

"The football team." He mumbles.
"What?" Gabriel asks leaning in closer.

"The football team. Mainly the captain. They did this." Cas says a little louder. Anger courses through Gabriel. He stands up and turns to stomp out the door, but is stopped by Sam.

"Gabe, wait. It's late and you don't even know where they are. Why don't you and Cas call Michael and tell him you are gonna stay here tonight; then we can all figure this out in the morning." Gabriel locks eyes with Sam. After a second, the anger slowly starts to drain from him and his shoulders relax.

"Ok." Gabriel pulls out his phone and punches in his big brother's number; he explains what happened and, after some convincing, Michael reluctantly agrees. Gabriel flops down in a chair next to the couch. For a second they are all quiet, then Sam breaks it.

"Let's watch a movie or something." Dean nods. Sam goes into the kitchen to get snacks. Dean, Gabriel, and cas narrow it down to Talladega Knights and The Karate Kid. Sam votes Karate Kid; Dean huffs and pops it in the DVD player. He sits back on the couch next to Cas, Sam hands him a bowl of popcorn for him and Cas to share. Sam keeps a bowl for himself and Gabriel, he takes a seat next to him and sets the bowl on a little table between them. Halfway through the movie both Sam and Gabe pass out in their chairs. Dean glances at them and chuckles. Just before the movie had started, Dean had switched to a more comfortable position: leaned back on the arm of the couch with his legs stretched out onto Castiel's lap and the bowl of popcorn resting on his chest. Cas looks at him questioningly and he gestures to Gabriel and Sam. Cas smiles and nods. Dean picks up a handful of popcorn and shoves it in his mouth, a piece of it misses his mouth and lands on his chest. Picking it up he gets ready to throw it in his mouth with the rest of the handful, but stops. He looks over at Cas to see him fixated on the movie, his eyes slide back to the popcorn in his hand and sly smirk slowly spreads across his lips. He flicks the popcorn at Castiel and it hits him in the cheek. It startles Cas and he looks at Dean with furrowed brows.

"What was that for?" Cas whisper yells. Dean laughs quietly and throws another piece at Cas. Cas throws up a hand to deflect it. "Quit!" He says louder. Sam shifts in his chair. Dean slaps a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing. Cas picks up a piece of popcorn and chunks it at Dean. "It's not funny!" He says. Dean nods.

"Yeah it kinda is." He throws a fistful of popcorn at Cas, and Cas returns fire. This fight ends with them both covered in salted, buttery popcorn giggling like little kids.

"Ugh. Would you two shut up." Gabriel grumbles before falling back asleep. Cas and Dean wait to make sure he is asleep before they start laughing again, more quietly this time. The two boys laugh and talk until their eyes can stay open no longer and they drift off to sleep with smiles on their faces.