Step 20: You Won't Know Him Anymore... I Just Don't...

Keep voting!! love you guys!!

~~~

11-7-13

I sunk into my black, tiger hoodie in the beginning of History class.

Gosh I hate history. So pointless.

I flinched when Coach Sans came in looking angry.

"Dylan! You didn't come!" He yelled.

"Sorry coach." Dylan replied.

I didn't have to see Dylan to know he was worrying.

"No! You missed dude! Come here!" Coach motioned Dylan to get up and follow.

Dylan got up and trudged toward the door.

I almost felt bad for him.

I'm almost positive he missed practice and that's why coach is mad.

I heard plenty of yelling from the hallway since I sat by the door.

Dylan came back in grumbling cuss words under his breath.

"This is f*cking insane." I think I caught. I felt so bad for Dylan. He had a hard life no matter what the outside looked like.

I stayed quiet and averted my eyes.

I truly felt bad for Dylan.

* * *

In science, Dylan was really quiet and unresponsive.

I mean, I don't know why I've been focusing myself on Dylan this past week, but I really do think Dylan is overlooked.

Everyone thinks he has this easy going life which was what it seemed, but I recently found something out that made me look at Dylan so differently.

I really don't want to say it on the internet. Because I have a secret exactly the same to his. And I refuse to tell mine so why would I tell his? Dylan doesn't deserve that. He's sweet.

Dylan sure laughed a lot today when Mr. M was slapping Damien's hands like mad, testing his reaction time of pulling away which he failed at.

But the whole time I did the reaction timed test, -that I was blatantly forced into-, he didn't even look up from his desk.

Even at the beginning of science, he had went off on Damien!

Which was a shock because the two idiots are pretty close.

"Dude Damien like f*cking stop before I punch you." Dylan told.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" Damien retorted.

Two minutes later, Damien spoke up when he realized Dylan was in a 'safe zone'.

"Hey... you alright man?"

Dylan never responded.

In English, he was still quiet.

You could tell something was wrong.

I ached literally to ask if he was alright, but this wasn't someone I could suddenly reach out to.

We weren't close.

When Math rolled along, I had almost dragged myself there.

"Here." I gave a piece of paper to Kevin with the letters, 'S-E-L-E-N-A'

"Ah is this how to spell your name?" He chuckled at me, as if making fun of me.

"Well I've known you for five years and you can't even bother to learn how to spell my name?!" I hissed.

Seriously I felt like I was wasting my time with him.

"But your name's hard to spell." Jason argued.

"No it's not! Selena! Everyone can spell that!" Not Salena, not Silina, just Selena people it wasn't that hard!

Kevin crumbled up the paper and threw it away.

"Stop being a girl!" I hissed.

"Ah! I'm a girl! I've got to go put my make up on." Kevin said in a high pitched voice, patting his chin, making direct eye contact with me.

I narrowed my eyes.

I split my chin open this summer -I think I've mentioned it before- and it is a huge scar on my chin, so for Kevin to say that is down right mean.

That was a major insecurity of mine and he just had to basically rub it in my face.

"You're a jerk!"

"No you're a jerk. No one wants you here."

I was on the verge of tears as Kevin got up from his seat laughing at me.

I walked off to get a book and came back to see my books on the floor.

No mental breakdown. That's what I was chanting in my head.

"I hate you." I shook my head.

"It was Jake!" He laughed.

I picked up my books and sat down, trying to calm myself.

"It was me." Jake laughed.

"Really?" I groaned.

"No it was Kevin. He just told me to say that."

I pursed my lips and pushed his binder off his desk and onto the floor.

Heather -God don't let me go there- looked at me and frowned.

"That was rude."

Bitch please.

I left her alone, but so badly I wanted to scream that he pushed my books on the ground.

When Kevin sat down, he picked up his binder and looked unphased.

"You know what?" He grabbed my pencil and launched it across the room.

"Go pick it up." He stated.

I looked at him in disbelief.

I can't believe him.

I hated him so much.

Who was this guy?

This was the same guy that embarrassed me in front of the whole grade in 7th grade and the boy who pushed me into a table when we were in 8th grade.

I didn't fall in love with this guy.

I fell in love with the same guy who sang to be on my 13th birthday when no one else did.

"Go get my pencil." I hissed.

"No."

I locked eyes with Dylan who looked so vacant.

Every time I looked away and back, his beautiful blue eyes hadn't moved from me.

He didn't look away for at least two minutes.

It was almost if he was... I'm not sure, checking on me or watching me.

Not sure, but either way it's odd.

"You two need a reality show." Jason laughed.

"Trust me we're halfway there." I mumbled.

It's called Enemies with Benefits, series by Wolfgirl54 but not like he'd know that.

Jake and Jason laughed.

"What?"

"We were just saying in a parallel universe, you two would be dating." Jason chuckled.

I sighed and put my hand over my head.

"Why does everyone tell me that?" I groaned.

"What?" Kevin asked.

"Tell me that we're going to end up getting married and date and stuff."

"Oh me too!"
Whoa! people actually tell Kevin that they think we'll date? I wonder how he handles that.

"But oh no." Kevin shook his head.

"And that we should put you two in an apartment and film it. I'd pay to see that." Jason laughed.

"Live with him? We'd kill each other!"

Seriously we would!

"Yeah. Let's just drown her." Kevin laughed, getting up to talk to Ms. Davis.

I almost burst into tears.

Jason was laughing.

"It's not funny."

"Yeah it is."

"No it's not! I'm like almost crying like I'm deathly afraid of drowning." I shook my head, blinking back tears.

"Why?" Jason asked.

"I almost drowned as a kid." I mumbled.

"Oh. That's sad."

"Yeah." I nodded.

I literally can't learn how to swim. I can go under water whatever but I'm so scared of drowning it's not real.

I can still see my five year old hand sliding down the tile at the pool in the hotel. I shook my head.

I hate it.

When we were allowed to leave, I left as fast as possible.

I wanted to cry.

How could Kevin be so ruthless and cruel, yet no one saw my side?!

Except you guys. You saw my side.

And Sami.

I went and told Sami everything.

We both wish she was here to help things be better. If she was here it'd just be her and I.

Sami doesn't even live here and she knows everything about everyone.

Just like you guys.

She knew Bella was two faced. A good friend yet a backstabbing bitch.

She knew Kevin was literally a psychopath.

She knew everything.

And for her and you guys knowing that, I thank you.

Despite at school that I'm bullied and picked on, you guys know how these people really are.

I love you guys(:

I was snapped out of my daydream by Alle.

A faint, unnoticed smile appeared at my lips.

My fans (including Sami) could make me feel better whenever I needed it.

***

11-8-13

"Then don't ask me stupid questions." I snapped at Alle.

That was mean I'll admit. I'm just not in a good mood today.

"Geez Selena." Dylan over exaggerated.

I smiled slightly.

"Oh like you've never been pissed before. You were pissed yesterday." I pointed out.

"Wait today?"

"No yesterday."

"Oh yeah. I'm pissed today too so." He shrugged. I knew why he was pissed.

First hour was a drama-field.

*flashback*
"I have a legit reason for not doing my homework Ms!" Dylan said.

"I don't care. You are going to fill this out." She handed him a paper.

The stupid paper said 'I willingly took a 0 and not do my homework'

Dylan shrugged.

I looked down at my paper only to snap it back up from hearing a paper crumble.

Barley visible through the large hand was the piece of paper in Dylan's fist.

"Did you just crumble that?" Ms. A hissed

"Yeah..." Dylan said slowly.

"Lets go!" She snapped.

I know he would usually reply with, "to the store?!" Like a hyper five year old, but he didn't.

"Where?"

"To the office!"

"But-"

"Now! I am not going to put up with this Dylan..." She was cut off when they hurried down the hall.

"But I have a reason! Look I-" his voice boomed but later got quiet.

You could just tell he was serious.

I felt really bad for him.

They returned. I could tell his reason had an effect on her.

She gave him another paper and he filled it out without protest.

*end of flashback*

I arrived in English trying not to snap on everyone I see.

I opened my binder only for a fist to be smacked down on it. I jumped slightly.

Dylan laughed.

"I scared you!" He laughed.

"Hush." I mumbled.

I looked over at the board.

My book landed loudly in front of me. I looked at the corporate to see it was Dylan smiling cheekily.

I grabbed the book and launches it back at him, which unlike Kevin, made him laugh.

He pretended like he was about to throw it at my face and I flinched, holding an arm up. I peaked behind my arm when I saw he was doing nothing.

"Did you really think I was going to throw it at you?"

With Kevin as your best friend... Yeah I did.

"It wouldn't have hurt." He assured.

"But I have glasses and things hurt more with glasses." I defended.

"Oh I know I have glasses too." He said.

"No you-" "I wear contacts." He cut me off.

"Oh."

"Yeah... You know that kid from Stuart Little? Whatever his name is?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I look like that."

I started laughing. "That's so adorable!" I squealed.

He bit his entire bottom lip until it wasn't even visible, in a smile. Only Dylan could make that look attractive.
With his #20 football jersey and his shaggy blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, he was most girls dream.

I zoned back into reality. Stop thinking about Dylan.

But it made me smile.

Mia laughed as she heard our conversation.

"Sorry but don't you think that's adorable?" I gushed to her.

She just laughed.

"It's not adorable." Dylan chuckled, looking down.

I bet he's blushing.

"Well I think so." I sobered up.

Dylan smiled at me.

Gosh I would love to see him in glasses. That makes so much more sense that he dates girls with glasses. Given they mostly wear contacts but they had glasses. Kevin on the other hand hasn't dated one girl with glasses.

Dylan: 1
Kevin: -6293628394

And that's just for yesterday.

I over heard Dylan tell his friends he's grounded and deleted everything. And I mean everything.

Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.

I almost dropped my jaw as I heard. Hopefully he just deleted the app but still, that's sad. Yet he still had his phone. That made sense.

I tried not to eavesdrop but it happened.

"I just got so pissed. So I punched it like super hard then I was like f*ck this and walked out to football practice."

Is it normal for that to be hot?
Never mind that question it's a yes. I've read at least five books here it had that and it was absolutely hot.

I cringed looking back at how many times I called Dylan adorable but in my defense he laughed and smiled at me.

I looked up from my notebook and saw Tate.

I frowned slightly as I realized Audie was right.

There in white numbers on a black jersey was #20.

Tate and Dylan were still dating.
And I'm not sure if Dylan really was playing with my feelings, but if he was it damn sure worked.

***
I sat in my room and read my latest update , making sure I got every detail correct.

Dylan always talked to me in class when Kevin is gone.

I snapped my head up.

Oh my god. How could I have never noticed?!

Dylan talked openly to me before when Kevin was gone! The day Dylan lifted up his shirt to me, Kevin was gone.

Holy shit.

***

11--11-13

(A/N: Moment of silence to honor our troops that fought. Happy Veteran's Day)

I opened my granola bar. Gosh I hated hypoglycemia. it was going to get annoying eating these stupid bars every day.

Kevin's eyes lighted up when he saw me in his chair.

"Can I have some please I'm starving." Kevin begged.

"No this is for my health. I literally have sugar issues." I stood up from his chair, avoiding a fight.

"Me too."

"No you don't shut up." I rolled my eyes and walked off.

Like I wanted to have this eating disease.

* * *

"Are we supposed to get our journals because she didn't grade them." I asked Alle.

She shrugged.

Kevin wedged his way through Alle and I crowding around the small window where our notebooks were stacked.

"Ugh I have a terrible migraine." Kevin complained, rubbing his temples.

Out of whatever you want to call it- courage, flirtatiousness, the fact I should be a nurse- I soft grabbed Kevin's hand and pulled it down to my height.

I tried to slip the pencil out of his hand before he realized what I was doing.

"No that hurts." He practically whined.

"Stop being a girl." I shooed him off.

He sighed and pressed the web between his thumb and index finger.

"How long?" He sighed.

"Five seconds."

He groaned and counted, slowly, out loud.

Once he was done I smirked slightly.

"Better?" I asked.

"Yeah." He chuckled, obviously trying to rid the embarrassment of admitting I'm right.

"Now who's confused?" Ms. McComb asked.

"Not including the people that always look confused." she added.

I glanced at Dylan and quickly averted my gaze.

"Why'd you look at me Selena?" Dylan demanded.

"I didn't mean it like that!" I assured. Well it was sort of a lie.

"Asshole." he mumbled but later smiled at me slightly.

"douche bag." I retorted.

* * *

I walked into math, eating yet another granola bar. Gah. Every two hours I have to eat one of these and these tasted like coffee and were hard. Bleh!

Kevin's eyes lit up when he saw me.

"No!" I hissed, covering my full mouth.

I looked at Ms. Davis for help who looked at Kevin in shock. "You're a bully Kevin." Ms. Davis said.

"I'm not I'm just hungry."

Yeah right.

"I feel like new tables. Get in line by birthday." Ms. Davis clapped her hands together.

Kevin and I looked up at each other.

Another six weeks by him? Not sure if that's bad or good.

Kevin stood by his desk.

"Kevin what are you doing?" Ms. Davis groaned. "Get in line!"

"Ms! Just picture me by Selena."

"Why?" Dylan asked him.

I looked over.

"Because we share a birthday." Kevin explained.

"Really?"

"Yeah. May 4th." We both nodded.

"So you guys are like the same age? Or who's older?" Dylan asked.

Kevin pointed to himself and smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah but Selena's the smart one and Kevin's the stupid one." Tana nodded.

I laughed.

"Thanks Tana." I smiled at her. It was true. I was much smarter than him.

"Hey." He said to me.

I turned and looked at Kevin.

"I heard that." He fought to keep a straight face.

"But it's true." I laughed.

"So he's like a legit year older than you?" Dylan asked me.

"Yup. 365 days." I nodded.

"Awesome!" Dylan smiled.

"Not awesome." I mumbled.

Only a few people at school knew how hard it was, you guys not included.

I ended up sitting with Jayla, Jake, and Damien. Damien in the same seat Kevin used to sit in.

I watched as Kevin sat next to Bella.

Oh great.

Not three minutes later, I looked up to see Kevin and Bella arguing.

"You know what I-"

"No look who's talking!" Kevin cut off Bella.

I winced.

"And you guys say we fight a lot." I told Jake and Jayla.

He started arguing with Makayla but I couldn't blame him, she was a bitch.

I'm sitting here, in viewing off Bella and Kevin and Makayla for six weeks.

Great.

Just stab my eyes out. I don't want to watch this show. Sigh.
***
I snapped a picture of Audie and June. They were in the young marines.
I snapchatted it to Audie, Alle, Sami, Kevin, and Dylan.

I added the caption, "Young Marines Bitch."

I sent it off.
***
Right before lunch ended I decided to tell Kevin to check his snapchat since he never opens his.

When I walked up he was juggling books. I went in to help me he got it and laughed at himself.

"Hey check your snapchat." I told him.

After a moment he acknowledged me.

"Like for me personally or like everyone?" His deep brown eyes gazed into mine.

I knew what he meant. Is it me or did it seem like he was waiting for some type of move?
Oh my god. Seventh grade. Jade told me that he liked girls to make the first move!
Does that mean he's waiting for me to make the first move?! The heck does this mean?

"Um just a few people." I shrugged.

His face fell slightly before fixing it.

"Audie said you're joining the young marines. " can you imagine Kevin in a uniform? Dear God help me.

"Yeah. Audie? the one with glasses?" "Yeah." "The senior?" "No sophmore." "Don't know her." he shrugged.

"But yeah check." I said.

"Kay I'll do it now." He said.

I nodded and turned to go to class.

"Wait! I'll open it right now see?"
I knew there was three minutes left. I wasn't worried since my class was just two feet away but his was two floors away.

I walked over to his locker as he continued stuffing things into his locker.

"Hold on. Like right... Now. Watch." He laughed, pulling out his phone.

Did he not think that I'd believe him if he opened it?

He clicked an app.

He laughed. "Wrong app."

I smiled.

"Gah I did it again." He laughed. "Okay right one." He chuckled.

I smiled. He opened someone else's snapchat.

He read it out loud quickly that I barley caught anything.

"That's not mine." I shook my head.

"No I know." He said.

"Okay this is yours. Ready for this?" His brown eyes flicked to mine.

I smiled and nodded. We were kind of close but I tried not to stand on my tippy toes seeing I'm almost a foot shorter.

He scrunched his eyes together and laughed, leaning it down to show me.

He laughed. "That's- that's great." He said between laughter. I smiled.

"Bye." I said before going to class.

"Bye." He walked away laughing.

I was smiling when I went to class. I know I forgive him easily which I hate, but he's pretty much the only guy that can make me feel like this.
(One Direction not included)