So Long, And Thanks For All The Booze

It's Friday and I'm going to have drinks with Andy tomorrow. I'm still a bit uneasy about it, but I'm sure it'll be fun. Right now I'm on the way to hangout with the boys of All Time Low. Tonight it's drinks at Rian's house. I really hope Cassadee isn't there, I have nothing against her, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me. It's probably because I pretend to flirt with the guys, except Rian, I know my limits. According to Jack, Zack's got himself a new girl. Zack's personal life doesn't really include a lot of romance so I'm thrilled for him.

As I pulled up into the driveway my phone went off.

"Hello?" I asked, I really need to get caller ID.

"Hey Jess, I'm sorry about Sunday. It was your birthday for crying out loud and I was a total jerk." Nathan said.

"Well you didn't spoil the evening. Can we meet up for lunch tomorrow?" I asked.

"That'd be great."

"So we'll meet up at Valentino's around one o'clock?" I asked.

"See you then."

"Bye." I hung up.

I took a long, much needed sigh and headed inside. I walked right in, knowing that the guys are in the back yard. I put my purse on the couch, grabbed a beer from the fridge, and went outside.

"Hey girly." Alex said as I sat down in the lawn chair next to him. I took a sip and watched Rian and Zack in a heated ping-pong battle.

"How long have they been going at it?" I asked Alex.

"About an hour, Jack will be around later, he's on a date." He mentioned.

"With who?" I asked eagerly. Alex chuckled and took a swig of his beer.

"Hell if I know. So guy talk, what's going on with the whole Andy/Nate situation?"

"Ugh!"'

"That bad?" He chuckled.

"I've ultimately come to the decision to break up with Nate and to stay just friends with Andy. I need to be single for awhile, ya know?"

"I think that's a great idea."

"Of course you do!" Zack chimed in making me giggle.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at Alex.

"He's just making up shit. So what's for dinner?" Alex asked Rian.

"Cassadee made a casserole, but we can throw that out and order Chinese." Rian responded.

"I like your thinking!" Alex said.

"Your boy brought tequila!" Jack yelled as he entered the backyard. We all cheered and Jack sat on Alex's lap.

"How was your date?" I asked and he sighed.

"Terrible, just terrible! She ordered a water and only a water. She basically spent the whole time talking about herself and then said she had another date to go on." He said.

"I'm sorry Jackie." I said making him smile.

"At least I've still got my one girl."

"And I'll always be there for you." Jack half chuckled.

"Not you, I was talking about Alex." I giggled.

"Pucker up." Jack said to Alex as he leaned in.

"No!!!" Alex yelled, jumping to his feet. We all laughed and he sat in front of me.

The rest of the night was filled with tequila, laughs, and noodles. I love those guys. They've been with me during the bad and the good, and vice versa. I can't imagine a world without them in my life.
Since Alex only had one beer, he drove me back to his and Jack's apartment. Jack decided to stay at Rian's because he knows Cassadee's gonna make a gourmet breakfast.
'Somebody To Love' by Queen blasted through the speakers.

"Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat
I'm OK, I'm alright
I ain't gonna face no defeat
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
Someday I'm gonna be free, Lord!" Alex and I sang.

"So are you gonna come to Warped with us this year?" Alex asked and I hesitated.

"Well maybe, I mean this year I have no one to hide from." I said. Yeah as sad as it sounds, I refused to go on tour with the guys because I was scared to face Andy.

"Great!" Why's he all hyped? It's just a tour. "Jess I've been thinking and you should come on stage with us part time."

"But I'm not in the band."

"True, but you could sing the girl part for Remembering Sunday." I sighed.

"I'm really not comfortable singing Juliet's part. Besides, she's gonna be on Warped this year."

"Well by doing this, this is you showing her that she's not the only one that can take things that don't belong to her. Plus I really want to sing with you on stage."

"I'm not doing it out of revenge Alex." He pulled into a parking space.

"Is that you saying you'll do it?" He asked and I nodded. "Yessss!!!!"

"Someone's getting excited." I said smugly with a smirk. We got out of the car and entered the building.

"Time to put you to bed." He stated as we got onto the elevator.

"But daddy!" I fake whined and an old couple in the elevator with us looked at me strange.

"The only but I want is to see yours walking towards the bed." We both let out a fall-to-the-ground kind of laugh.

We got onto the ninth floor and walked down to the last door. "So am I sleeping in Jack's bed? And if so, can I not?" I asked.

Alex half chuckled, "Just sleep in my bed." I nodded. He unlocked the door and I ran inside, throwing my purse to the side, then running towards Alex's room. I went through his closet getting myself a pair of sweatpants and a Tshirt as pyjamas. I went into his bathroom and quickly changed, I then found myself joining him in the kitchen eating ice cream.

"I love cookie dough though." I said taking in a mouthful.

"What are your plans tomorrow?" He asked while nibbling on the ice cream on his spoon.

"I'm going to break up with Nathan during lunch and then go out for drinks with Andy at seven." I said.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? It in the the same?"

I shrugged, "What could go wrong?"