Chapter 13

“Yes, and if I could have them ready by next week that would be wonderful” I smiled as the clerk agreed before hanging up. I placed the phone back onto the holder and made a reminder on my computer for when the posters should get to the store. ‘Maybe I should do a special dinner for releasing the new line…’ I thought to myself, I shrugged before making a note of the thought in my diary.

Suddenly, my phone began to vibrate with Luke’s name and smile plastered on my screen. I gladly answered to hear his cheery voice.

“Hello” he said.

“Hello” I replied.

“Are you up for a night out?” he asked I rolled my chair back from my desk, a little taken back by the broad invitation.

“A night out?” I questioned.

“Yeah one of my friends does Drama as their major and him and a few other students are doing this competition thing where they have to do skits. He invited me, and I remember how we were talking the other day at your house…” I smiled at how he remembered I loved live performances, so much more emotion than movies and just as good.

“Thank you” I could almost picture his smile.

“Um, I know it’s traditional for the guy to pick up the girl but could you…” he began to trail off in a soft voice. I broke out into a wider smile before saying yes.

“But it’s not a date. I think it’s safe to say nothing between us is traditional” I said.

“Deal” he said before chuckling, “I’ll text you the address”.

I sighed before heading out to the front of the store to see Derek packing up, “You want to have that talk?” he asked. I groaned before face palming myself.

“Shit! I forgot we haven’t talked yet…”

“You’re going to see one of them aren’t you?” I felt so guilty, nothing less than what I’ve been feeling all day.

“He wants to take me to some live performances” I told him avoiding who it was but I’m 98% sure he knew which ‘he’ I was talking about.

“Fine… But I get you tomorrow” he ordered.

I nodded before hugging him “I swear tomorrow we can take a day off and talk all day, I promise” he nodded before I left.

I can’t believe I’ve forgotten one of my best friends so easily.

*

I adjusted my trench coat around me before picking up my spoon to have a bit of ice cream.

“So... I’m going down this hall way, full speed on a Segway and Ashton pops out of nowhere and I nearly kill him by pinning him to a wall!” I laughed as wind blew past my face, trying to picture Luke nearly killing Ashton.

“What did you think was going to happen when you play hide and seek on segway’s in an arena!”

“I didn’t think I would hurt anyone” he laughed.

“You guys are insane!” I told him.

“Ashton was hyped up on red bull! It was his crazy concoction!” I turned and looked at him.

“Concoction? Wow... a few little plays and you think you’re Shakespeare” he laughed before shoving me to the side causing me to lose my cup of ice cream.

“Oh!” I turned to see a smirk on his face as he looked at the upside down cup on the path way.

“Jerk!” I exclaimed pushing him in revenge.