after she fell

"Whitney?"

beep. beep. beep.

"It's Sloane."

beep. beep. beep.

"I guess you actually didn't pick up." She chuckles. "Anyways, guess what?"

pause.

"Jay asked me out! Ugh, I'm so excited but I don't have anything to wear so I'll let you choose, sea-green dress or feisty red? Call me back soon. Love you."

your message has ended.

I could hear the door open quietly behind me. I stared at my hand, the thin IV tube poking out of my veins.

"Whit?"

I turned around slowly, looking up at my mom and dad.

"Hey."

"Oh, honey," my mom sniffed, rushing over to my side of the hospital bed. "I'm so sorry."

I thought about the shore, and the body with honey colored hair and a sea-green dress bleeding near the rocks.

"Yeah," I looked away. "I'm sorry too."

* * * 

The hospital wouldn't let me leave for three days. In that time, Sloane's mom came to meet me. She told me that the funeral would be in a week from now, and that she was sorry.

Why was everyone sorry?

Sloane jumped off the cliff and ended her life.

Sloane did this. Not anyone else.

The elevator bell dinged ceremoniously, the floor sign beeping rapidly. I got off, scratching my wrist were my IV was. I was commanding myself to keep my mind blank.

It's just another Tuesday of another week of another month of another year, I assured myself.

You'll be fine.

sorry for the short chapter but I felt like I needed to get something uploaded. actuall story might not start in a while bcs i need time to think of the plot yada yada ;( sorry guys! thanks for reading

pooj