- i.

My eyes drifted slightly over the photos; a brown haired woman was smiling widely with the Eiffel tower in the background. In the next shot her boyfriend - or husband maybe - was standing along with her. Both of them laughing. 

The constant sound of the photo printer spitting out photo after photo after photo was drowning out every other sound. As I colleceted the still slightly warm photos, carefully making sure there were not any printing mistakes to see - such as discolor or a bended corner.

Photo after photo of people smiling, laughing, watching beautiful sunsets. Hanging by the pool of a fancy hotel, travelling the world. Maybe even just playing in their backyards a warm summerday - it was all there as story upon story of happiness. Sometimes while waiting for the photos being printed I would imagine what it would feel like. To be in their position. To travel the world. Have a loving family. Have the money to do whatever the hell you wanted too. To laugh every day like them. To live life to its fullest. 

But it wasn't going to happen - ever. Not with how the way my life looked right now. I simply just had to see the world through the personal photos of fucking everyone else. Because there was no way in hell I could go see it for myself. I was stuck here.

I sighed heavily and picked up the last photo, my ears still ringing after the loud level of sound that had been coming from the now silent machinery. Stuffing the stack carefully into the envelop I signed the date and time before sealing it. Now there were just 15 memory cards more to go for today - oh and an entire summer. 

Please vote & comment.