Nights and Dancing

"Agent Jareau, do you know why you're here?" Erin asks diplomatically.

"No ma'am, I don't. Most matters concerning me don't involve a locked room, either." JJ shakes her head.

"Two of your teammates are in the same situation as you and Emily."

"Who?" JJ asks, although she has a pretty good idea if who, exactly.

"Dr. Spencer Reid and his BAU partner. Supervisory Special Agent Derek Morgan."

"With all due respect, ma'am, why tell me?" JJ requests. "Why not Hotch, like you're doing for Emily and I?"

"Because, frankly, he only knows how to read guilty people. Not his team." Strauss pushes a manilla folder with 10 sheets of paper. "10 cases. Unlike you and Emily, they will not know who is reviewing them."

JJ nods. "Thank you. I think? How long have they been together?"

"Three months now."

JJ drives home to find Emily cooking dinner for her.

"What did she want?" Emily asks.

"I don't really know if I can tell you?" JJ questions, her face scrunching up as she scratches her neck. "It's a bit confusing."

"I get it, I get it." The brunette grimaces as the fire alarm goes off.

"So Chinese?" JJ laughs, kissing Emily's cheek as they both leave the room.

"Don't forget the-"

"Sweet and sour chicken, I know Em. You've been getting the same thing since we got together."

"Sue me!" Emily jokes.

"Sorry hun, it tends to get awkward when it's the girlfriend suing." JJ fires back.

"On a more real note," Emily pulls JJ back in, after the blonde finishes ordering, and rests her arms comfortably on JJ's waist. "When will we tell the team?"

"Whenever you want, Em, as long as it's after Hotch is done. I'm just scared of Rossi's reaction, with his Catholic boy upbringing and all." JJ sighs. "I mean, he's only been here a few weeks longer than you, so I suppose I don't know much about him."

"Neither do I," Emily kisses JJ, plugging in her phone to the stereo and grinning when she hears the song.

"I counted the stars tonight," JJ sings along. "Oh how they shine so bright,
I gather them all, so we perfectly align
While we gaze from far away.
And separately watch the day
Come rising across the horizon in our minds."

Emily starts leading JJ around the room, the pair slow dancing while JJ continues to sing.

"But now I know,
My heart is strong,
Where you belong
Is by my side.
So will you hold,
'cause time is cold,
But in your soul
I'm standing by."

JJ pulls Emily into a soft kiss as the song ends and the doorbell rings.

After dinner, the pair curls up on their bed, spooning as they fall asleep to JJ singing the same song they danced to just hours before.

Meanwhile, miles away, Morgan and Reid finish their food.

"I'm glad they won't fire us, although I wonder who's gonna review us," Morgan wonders aloud.

"My bet is on Hotch. He's our unit chief, so he'd be expected to know these things."

"You're right, Pretty Boy. Just like always."

Reid pulls Morgan into the bed where they cuddle before falling asleep together.

JJ groans as the alarm sounds throughout the room, as she rolls over and turns it off.

"C'mon, love," the blonde nudges Emily. "I'll make coffee if you hurry."

"I'm up!" Emily actually yells. "For coffee!"

JJ laughs, walking into the kitchen and turning on the coffee pot. She hums "Standing By" as she makes the oatmeal.

"I'm done," Emily pants, hair dripping onto her shirt. "Oatmeal too? Score!"

"You're welcome," JJ laughs as Emily downs the oatmeal. Her phone beeps. "That's weird, the case went directly towards Hotch, not me."

"Must be a bad one then," Emily sighs.

"I assume so."

In Morgan's house, he shakes the genius awake.

"Twenty til we have to leave, Pretty Boy." Morgan grimaces as his phone beeps.

"Make that ten," Reid kisses Morgan. "Morning, Morgan."

"Morning, my love," both Morgan and JJ say at the same time, to different people with different personalities.

"Cases aren't fun," Emily sighs, while Reid just kisses Morgan.

"That they do,"JJ replies, staring at her phone. "It's real bad, Em. We need to go."