Chapter 19

Edited 05/06/2015

Kakashi's POV

"Alright, if the two of you are ready" Hayate announces, stepping back from the two contestants, "Then begin!"

I watch on with interest as Rakeru does a number of back hand springs to put some distance between herself and Ashley, the blonde not moving from her spot.

I haven't really seen Ashley fight yet, so this should be interesting. I've seen that she certainly has the potential to be great, as do my other three students, but as for Jutsu and this possible Kekkei Genkai that the Hokage said she may have.......I'm eager to see just what Ashley can do for myself.

My brows furrow a little as I stare down at the bored looking Ashley, Rakeru's face taking on a frustrated expression, unhappy that the blonde seems so disinterested.

I hate this feeling that keeps coming back to me every now and then....This feeling like I know Ashley from somewhere. I have a pretty good memory, and I doubt I could easily forget an attitude like hers.

Why does she seem so familiar to me?....

"Yeah!" Naruto suddenly shouts, throwing his torso over the railing and almost toppling right over it in his excitement. "C'mon Ashley! You can do it!"

The girl doesn't respond, blinking as Rakeru scowls and slaps her palms together, apparently tired of waiting for Ashley to make a move.

"Earth Style" the pinkette smirks, performing hand signs, "Earth Dragon!"

Rakeru squats down and forcefully presses her palms against the ground, allowing her chakra to flow into it. Ashley tilts her head back to look up as a huge Dragon-like creature rises up out of the earth, its eyes glowing bright yellow. Her face remains blank, seemingly undaunted by Rakeru's Jutsu.

I have to admit, that's quite an impressive Jutsu for a mere Genin to be able to perform. It requires a lot of chakra and control to be able to pull it off, and I can't imagine Rakeru has a large chakra reserve yet. She either wants to end this fight quickly, or show off her moves.

"Go Angel!" Kiba cheers enthusiastically, throwing his fist in the air and grinning. This earns the brunette a nasty glare from Ashley, her neck wrenching around and her eyes narrowed.

I raise an eyebrow at this movement, finding it interesting that while she was easily able to ignore Naruto's cheering, Ashley can't seem to help reacting to Kiba's.

"Better pay attention blondie!" Rakeru calls, bringing Ashley's attention back to her. "I'm awesome with Earth Style Jutsu and you're about to die!"

"Earth Style huh?...." I hear Ashley murmur, raising her eyes to the Earth Dragon as it lets out a thunderous roar that makes a few of the onlookers wince. "I'll keep it in mind..."

"You're the best Rakeru-chan!" one of the pinkette's teammates cries, bouncing up and down. "Finish her, nice and quick!"

"That thing is huge" Sakura whispers fearfully, before pressing her palms into the railing and urgently leaning over it. "Run Ashley!"

The Earth Dragon lunges towards Ashley as soon as the words escape Sakura's mouth, leaving her wide eyed with worry. It slams heavily into the ground, shaking the arena and sending up a thick cloud of dust.

"A-Ashley...." Naruto stutters, blinking rapidly. "It can't.....It can't be over already can it?"

"I doubt it Naruto" I respond, all three of my Genin turning to look at me hopefully. "I may not know how well Ashley can fight, but I know that move wouldn't have taken her out."