Chapter 24

Harry fell to the floor, my legs still locked around his waist. I sat straddling his knees as our kisses became even more intense.

“Tell me what to do Harry.” I panted onto his face. Our eyes were closed; we used our hands to explore each other’s bodies. He didn’t reply for a few seconds, his concentration focused on my lips. His hands drifted down to where my dress fell half-way down my thigh, he slowly edged it up, revealing more and more of the bare skin on my leg. I rolled my head back as the warmth of his hand caressed my leg, sending an unusual jolt of pleasure through me, a pleasure that was completely alien to me.

His hands moved to the back of my dress where the waistband pulled in the fabric. Our lips continued to fuse passionately, our breathing becoming heavier. My hands were tangled in his tousled hair; I fisted it furiously, earning a series of incomprehensible grunts and moans from Harry.

“Stand up.” He muttered, his lips pressed against my cheek. I complied reluctantly, placing one last kiss on his mouth before standing up as Harry commanded. I stepped backwards, awaiting further instruction. Harry’s eyes drifted up and down my fully clothed body. I was nervous about being naked in front of Harry, although I had complete trust in him, there was still a part of me that feared exposure…I knew why, Caleb had left a mark on me, and it wasn’t ever going away. My eyes sank to the floor as I thought these thoughts, hoping that it wouldn’t be too evident, trying to convey the same expression Harry did.

“Perfect.” He declared, his eyes still scouring every single curve my body held. His words made me blush, the heat becoming prominent in my cheeks. He stood up as well, the muscles in his arms becoming more evident. He walked towards me, a smile on his face. He held out his hands, eager to reclaim his grip on my body. His hands gripped the hem of my dress, and he slowly pulled it up, keeping my eye contact the whole time, constantly scanning for any sign of doubt. His mouth moved, forming words but not making a sound. “You’ll be fine.” And for the first time, I believed him. The scar on the side of my body began to flush with heat, just like it had the night it was formed. I tried to forget about it, closing my eyes shut. I hoped that Harry wouldn’t pay too much attention to the ugly reminder of my past.

As the hem of the dress grazed over my nose, and my body was in a complete state of vulnerability, I automatically moved my arm to my scar, pressing it against the milky tone of my flesh in a desperate attempt to hide it from him. As soon as he’d pulled the dress over my head, he threw it to the side. His eyes immediately averted to where my arm was pressed against my skin. He held out his arm, prompting me to remove my arm from the scar. I resisted at first, but the comforting smile that Harry gave me reminded me of the immense trust I had for him, and I did as he wished, placing my shielding arm in his hand, and letting him survey the full extent of my injury. He looked over it for a few seconds, trying not to linger for an uncomfortable amount of time.

“People are who they are because of their imperfections,” He started, drifting in closer to me, taking both of my hands in his, and posing us in a position similar to that of a ball room dance, we slowly swayed around the room, hand in hand, chest to chest. “And you need to know, my dear…that you are the closest to heaven that I can imagine, and the burdens you carry…I’ll shoulder them, I’ll protect you from whatever. I don’t care how anyone else sees me, because they don’t understand. Nobody does, not even you, but if you let me…I’ll tell you. All I want is for you to know who I am. To really know, to love me, and if you can do that for me, I can promise you the world my dear, and that scar…I can’t fix that, but I can help you forget, I can help you remember that you are perfect, and that the heaven that you fell from must be missing you.” I noticed the stream of tears as they hit Harry’s warm shoulder that my head was resting upon; Harry did too, as his eyes slowly drifted to me.

“I love you Violet.” He announced, his tone raspy and muffled. The tears that were pouring down my blushing cheeks came into contact with the bare skin of Harry’s shoulder, causing him to break the hug that we were embraced in. His eyes met mine, encompassed in a shining halo of green. I looked at him, at this angel, words were no match for the feeling that I felt for him, even in my unclothed and vulnerable state, there was nothing I wanted to hide, no part of me I didn’t want him to see. I was open, I was his, and he was mine.

“I love you too, Harry.”