So This Is A Thing...

So This Is A Thing...

...Wait What!?

Please remind me why I’m taking this course to begin with? The professor of my American History class was pointing at the slide show of notes, being projected on the board, with a giant stick. I snickered to myself, giant stick. Oh god, I need to get out more.

The professor, whose name I’ve already forgotten, keeps babbling on and on. What about? Don’t know. My ear buds are in, and I am settled comfortably in the back corner of the lecture hall. I can’t hear anything the professor is saying, but it looks like he is mouthing the words to the song I’m listening to, which is currently Cherry Pie by Warrant... she’s my cherrie pie, cool drink of water what a sweet surprise. Taste so good make a grown man cry. Sweet. Cherry. Pie

It really looks like he’s mouthing the words, oh how wonderful life is.

I put my hands behind my head, and prop my feet up on the desk. There is about a hundred kids in this class, no way this guy can see me.

Niall seems to think the same thing, he has his sunglasses on, his head on the desk, and he seems to be snoring.

Niall and I go way back. Except not really, we met at orientation a month ago and found out we were roomies. Apparently this school does co-ed. Don’t tell mom.

But, it’s not like that. Niall and I are mates, nothing more, nothing less. Good thing too, because this dork can’t talk to girls for the life of him. I tell him what to say, he says it, and by george he’s got it!

By george? Whose George? Maybe I would know if I paid attention in this class...but....lazy.

Maybe it’s Curious George, the monkey that wears the yellow hat or something. Hmmm life questions with Jette.

How about this, a better question: Why don’t I have a monkey tail? I mean, come on, that’s cool.

My phone beeps once, and I look down to see a notification tweet.

Ah yes Michael Clifford, my colorful kid, what do you have to say today. Michael Clifford is just about the dorkiest “punk rocker” I know. He’s in a band, 5 Seconds of Summer, and I love their music.

@Michael5SOS: Listening to Artic Monkeys, wicked.

I was just thinking about monkeys! Except, not quite the same as... well whatever it counts.

@JettePlane: @Michael5SOS How fun would it be to have a monkey tail right?

I send the tweet, and scroll through my phone for Do I Wanna Know? by the Artic Monkeys. Seems appropriate.

The bell rings and Niall and I make our way lazily down the hall.

I take out my ear buds, " We seriously are the worst students in History."

Niall laughs long and hard, "I'm fine in every other class, but he just is blah blah blah blah..."

I nudge him on the shoulder as we make our way up the stairs to our dorm room, "At least we don't have class tomorrow."

"At least," he repeats, turning the lock to our room. The room is supposed to be split down the middle, but in reality we just share the space. Clothes pile out of the hamper and empty pizza boxes stack up.

"I hate to say it, but we need to clean up," I sighed, putting our dirty cloths in a laundry basket.

"Fine," Niall spat with a smile, as he took the pizza boxes out to the trash.