Starlet's Web - MAY ~ THE FILLY ~

~    THE FILLY    ~

At the end of the night, Manuel and I were snuggling into each other while we listened to Ira’s story about how he transitioned from producing music videos to owning a huge independent motion picture production studio. It was all about money. He got a big investment and went for it on Left to Die. His start was my start, and Mom’s re-start. I cursed that investment money.

“Hey kids, can we have a minute with you both?” Dad asked. Celia excused herself from a conversation and stepped to Dad’s side, holding his hand. She was smiling beautifully.

“We are so proud of both of you,” Celia praised. “Thank you Manuel for loving Lia. Your support and presence in her life has helped her be strong and to become a new woman.  Lia, we are so proud of you and love to be witness to your positive transformation.”

Dad added, smiling, “I noticed that you both wear half of a heart that together you both make whole. You unite the guardian and the angel. We want you to know that we think that it’s very sweet and precious.”

Celia presented me with a jewelry box. “Lia, Tom wanted to add this to your half of the heart.”

I opened the box. They gave me a lovely pendant of a horse.

Dad explained, “The horse represents freedom of movement, safe running with sure footing, and ability to overcome adversity. Just as your tribe and the Flathead Nation has endured oppression, your spirits will guide you. Together with the strength from your Guardian Angel, you will get through this, my filly.”

Manuel took off my guardian necklace, added the filly to it, and clasped it back around my neck. I hugged him, Celia and Dad.

“Thanks for my tattooed heart, Manuel, and for my totem, Dad. I love you all.”

Confident I could find the inner strength to face whatever obstacles faced me or entangled me in the web, I accepted their support, saying quietly, “Thanks for loving every piece of me.”

~    buenos sueños    ~