12: Too Weak

He lifted my chin to face him, chuckling at me. "You look cute when you're mad." He stated while I huffed, pushing myself off him as I rolled myself.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever that makes you happy." I retorted, turning on my heels as I went straight to bed.

Turning and tossing on the bed, I felt uncomfortable with the lack of his touch.

Oh no, I had grown so accustomed to his touch that I couldn't live without it.

After a few minutes of dead silence, I grabbed the pillow and walked out of the room.

His arms were spread on the arms of the couch as his eyes were trained on the large screen.

His eyes flickered towards me in surprise before his lips tilted up into a smirk.

"Time for bed so soon?" He teased, raking his eyes across my body.

"Can't sleep without your arms. Get your ass on the bed right now." I hissed, quickly rushing out my words before sauntering back to the room.

Crawling on the bed, I snuggled under the sheets and waited as the bed dipped beside me.

Arms were wrapped around my waist before I felt myself being pulled to his arms as I was positioned on top of his body.

I yelped in surprise, trying to push myself off him, but my efforts were futile.

"What are you doing?" I calmly asked, quirking an eyebrow at him. He shrugged, shutting his eyes.

"I'm just doing what you asked, let you sleep in my arms." He stated, smirking at me while I grunted in frustration.

"Not in this position." I huffed, leaning against his hard chest as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

+++

The moment we reached the school, many eyes turned to look at us as we climbed out of his car.

I turned away and quickly walked to the entrance, but was stopped by him.

"What are you doing?" He asked, raising a brow with confusion.

"Going for classes?" I stated the obvious, looking towards the crowd formed around us with expectant looks.

They thought that there might be another 'show' today, but obviously that was not going to happen.

As if sensing my discomfort, he turned towards the crowd with a glare. "Stop staring."

Immediately, everyone turned away and went back to their business.

Claps erupted from behind as I tensed, noticing Chase's shoulders going rigid instantly.

It must be Roderick and his gang.

I closed my eyes, awaiting for the wrath to come as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

A strong hand swatted it away and pulled me towards his hard chest. From the scent of the shirt, it definitely belonged to Chase.

"I see you've gotten weak for a girl like her, boss. Oh wait, ex-boss." He commented as though mocking him.

I snapped my eyes open and looked up to spot a nonchalant look plastered across his face.

It was baffling. He wasn't even the slightest affected by his words.

"Never touch what's mine." He stated, his eyes looking towards him pointedly.

"That's not your call, Chase. Now, it's my call." He said before I was suddenly pulled away from his body with Roderick's arms around mine.

Two guys gripped onto Chase as he easily fought back and had them on the ground in seconds.

His eyes snapped towards me with softness in them before glaring at Roderick who was kissing my neck.

I felt a bile rose to my throat as I wanted to puke so badly. Now I knew why I didn't like him.

He was a lousy kisser.

"Go away, Roderick." I snapped, pulling myself away from him as he continued to press kisses down my neck, sucking and biting on my skin.

Chase marched towards us with a glare that could kill, but stopped as he had to handle three other guys who stepped into view.

Again, he had them bashed until they hit the ground in seconds.

He pulled me towards him and began to attack Roderick with his free hand.

I closed my eyes, not daring to look at the gruesome sight before he pulled me along with him as he sent me to the washroom.

His eyes stayed fixated on the spot on my neck as he closed his eyes tightly.

"That idiot. How dare he leave behind a hickey." He hissed while my eyes widened incredibly.

My hands reached up to the spot as I turned to look at myself in the mirror. I felt disgusted that he had even touched me in the first place.

I felt even more disgusted because I was too weak to defend myself.

+++

Vote. Comment. Share.

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

13th September 2016