The Journey Unknown

This is a story I started quite a while ago.   I found it as I was going through my writing stuff the other day.  This is just the beginning of the story.  Tell me what you think so far.  I will be adding more later. thanks!  :)

 Reaching the safety of my car was the most important thing right now. I was vaguely aware of my feet moving back and forth but very aware of all sounds and sights before me. I heard a high pitched scream to my right. The sound echoed just inside the bathroom. I had no choice except to investigate or so my conscience told me. I opened the door and saw a small child scrunched in the far corner of the room. He was clutching onto something that I couldn't quite make out. His eyes held sheer terror in them. I approached the child, my eyes searching for the source of his fear. I saw nothing but empty stalls and wet tissue thrown here and there. My urgency to get away form this place became stronger.     I lunged forward and grabbed the child. He screamed hitting me with his small fist. Clutched in his hand was keychain, giving off a faint pinkish light. When I tried to plucked it from his hand heat radiated throughout my arm. instinctively I jerked my hand away but the light only grew brighter and pulled at me. The child went limp in my arms. I tried to shake him awake for I had no idea what to do with the child or the light that seemed powerless to resist. I felt breathless, and  fear rushed within me. Everything was stretching up like being sucked through a vacuum. I couldn’t seem to focus on the reason I was here or why I felt the panic lurching in my stomach. My mind was slipping away like ice on hot day. The little person that I held awoke with a sudden jerk and began chanting a single word over and over again. “ Search, search, search…