Chapter 17

"Emily," a voice echoed to me. "Hey, wake up." 

I groaned and rolled over. "Hmmphurrrgggg..." I mumbled. I opened one of my eyes up barely to see a blurry figure with dark hair over me. I closed my eyes again and shooed them away. 

"Wake up, please. It's 11." I opened one of my eyes up fully and shook my head. "Drink this," he said, holding a short glass of what looked like Sprite. I slowly sat up, sitting there, as he sat next to me. I took the glass and started to drink it. It was fizzy, but tasted like metal. I retched slightly. 

"What the hell is this?" I asked, trying to focus, still unsure who was talking to me. 

"It's to help with your hang over." I shrugged and downed the rest of it. "It'll make you feel better in about 20 minutes. Jack will be out in a minute," he said. 

My eyes were still heavy as I let out a belch that tasted eggs. That was disgusting. Still, unsure of who the hell gave me that, I sat for a few minutes, waking up. 

"Hey, good morning, sunshine," Jack said walking past me. What was up his ass? No good morning kiss? 

Allison sat next to me and had a huge-ass grin on her face. "Hey, Emily. How was your night?" Her voice echoed in my ears like a squealing pig in an empty cave. It made my brain press against my skull and I just stared at her. 

"I slept. Really fucking good. You?" 

"I barely got any, but that's okay, really," she leaned in and whispered, "I'll tell you the details later." I nodded and she winked to me. 

"Hey, do you have any tampons? I can feel my insides falling out. And some Ibuprofin?" 

She nodded, "All in the bathroom, alright?" She got up and went to her bed and I walked into the facilities. 

Starting your period on a hangover was one of the worst things to happen so far. My whole body ached and I didn't feel like doing anything, but I had to act like nothing was wrong. 

I had finished up, brushed my teeth and took some pain killers, hoping everything would be numb real quick. I walked out to grab my suitcase and put on some black jeans and a loose retro shirt that hung off one arm. I placed my hair up in a ponytail and just cleaned up my make up, smudging it so it looked new. 

Everyone was in the main part of the bus, and as I walked out, Jack was there, smiling. "Hey. You're out." 

"Yeah, I am," I said scratching my head. "What's up for today?" 

"That skating rink, remember?" Oh, yeah. 

"Who gave me that drink this morning?" I asked, still confused. 

"Oh, that was Matt. He came on the bus to tell us we were all paid for and ready, and I had to use the bathroom, so I gave it to him. It's going to be a fun day today, really." 

He wore a Hurley shirt and some black jeans with his hair all styled. He looked quite handsome, despite the fact that I was still in pain. 

Everyone walked off the bus and looked at the arena. It was huge and had so many different types of skating inside. We walked in and the older gentleman at the ticket booth counted and nodded, letting us inside as we showed him our passes. Everyone went their own way, while Jack and I headed for the concession stand. "Do you want anything, Emily?" 

"A gun?" I asked. 

"No, food," he said pointing to the menu. 

"A pizza. A greasy fucking pizza that after I eat it, will seep through my pores."