The House of El

Kara had wished the news of the baby would help to alleviate the rage that had been building inside her, but it only made it worse. She thought of her own life, she thought of the baby she would never have with James Olsen, and how all they got was a single kiss.

"You should shower," Lois told her. Kara had been staring out the penthouse window to the city below, her hands closed into fists. It took her another moment to realize something had been said.

"Oh, yeah, I will... do you know where--" she began but Lois already knew what she was going to ask.

"I've been keeping it clean for you." Lois walked, Kara followed her to the walk-in closet in the bedroom. Lois pulled or pushed something Kara couldn't see. The back wall slid to the side, revealing her Supergirl suit. Kara's own reaction surprised her. It seemed so much brighter than she remembered. It seemed foreign. She moved quietly to it and lay a hand on the symbol at the center, the symbol of her house. She remembered her mother wearing that same coat of arms when she went to work everyday.

"It doesn't feel like it's mine anymore. I don't know that I can wear it, after what I did..." Kara said, surprised at how easy it felt to speak the truth to Lois. She so badly wanted to be a part of a family that she had already begun to treat Lois as a sister.

"Kara, listen to me." Lois said, turning the girl's face towards her own. Kara's eyes were already swelling with tears. "The things that have happened to you, the mistakes you made aren't your identity, they're a part of you but they're not who you are, this is," Lois told her, touching the symbol on the suit. "You are the last daughter of the Red Sun of Krypton, you are Supergirl."

Kara hugged her without warning. Lois wrapped her arms around the girl. Maybe, Kara thought, maybe she would be okay after all.

"Oh..." Clark said as she walked in and saw them. Kara pulled back and wiped her face. "Everything alright?" he asked. Kara nodded.

"Is it time?" she asked.

"It is," he told her.

Lois took Clark's hand. "Let's give her some privacy," she said, leading him out of the room. Kara turned back to the suit. Her suit. She smiled.

A few minutes after sundown, Kara and Clark flew side by side over the city, Bruce's Batwing just below them. Bruce had explained how they found Waller's apartment but Kara hadn't been listening, she wasn't interested in the how, only the where. She watched the city below, each light a life, all them of afraid of her and her cousin. She was eager to find Amanda Waller and root out the plot which had made her an enemy of the people she cared for most. She had to remind herself to stay focused or she ran the risk of letting all her frustrations out on the first person who upset her, and with her that could be deadly.

"Here," Clark said, lowering his altitude. She followed his lead.

When the door opened and Amanda Waller threw her keys on the table in the hall, they were already there, waiting for her. Batman had turned the alarm off before they even arrived on the premises, now they crowded the dark living room in silence. Waller flipped on the lights and looked up, surprise barely registering. Kara could hear her heartbeat, it remained steady.

"You're not scared..." Kara said, unsettled.

"Should I be?

"No," Superman told her. "We just need information. If you cooperate this will--"

"Save it," Waller said. "You're not the first people to break into my home and you won't be the last, skip to the chase, I don't have time for exposition."

"You'll just... tell us?" Kara asked.

"Depends. What do you want know?"

"Enchantress," Batman said. "She worked for you. Task Force X. We need to find her."