Ch.3 I Wish We Could Stay Like This

I sat there, watching Harry hold Darcy in his arms. He was gentle and aware of the fragile baby in his arms. She laid there staring at him soon closing her eyes, forgetting about the world around her. I watched wishing that everything could stay like this. I wished that we could be together as a family. That we could do this everyday. I could tell by the look on Harry's face that he loved her so much already. It killed me to think that she wouldn't be in his life. To think that soon we would have to leave.

"Taylor? Are you alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing, it's not important." I told him sighing. He shrugged and went back to Darcy. He was going to be a great dad someday. I know he already to Darcy, but he made it clear before that he didn't want to be with me anymore. And if he didn't want to be with me anymore than he wouldn't want to be with Darcy. I've wondered before if maybe he thought about me at night like I thought about him. Did he ever want me back in his arms? There have been many nights I've wanted him in mine. Did he ever wonder if we could still make it together as a couple? I know I always did a lot.

I heard a small whimper come from Darcy and snapped my head to her and Harry. He shifted her in his arms and she started crying. I picked up her diaper bag and searched for a binky to give her. I found one at the bottom and handed it to Harry. He gently put it in her mouth and rocked her soothingly. I watched in amazement at how good he was with her.

He looked up at me, his eyes meeting mine. I stared into them looking closely at the green. He cleared his throat and I looked at him more.

"So, uh, where are you and Darcy staying?" He asked me.

"At my place." He nodded and I looked at the time on my phone.

"5:30" I muttered under my breath.

"What?" Harry asked me confused.

"Oh, nothing it's just that it's already 5:30 and I should probably be getting Darcy home." I watched as the smile on his face faded and he looked down at our baby.

"Yeah, you probably should." I stood up and he followed placing Darcy in her car seat slowly so not to wake her. I put her in the car and walked over to my side. He followed and opened the door.

"Maybe we could meet up again?" He suggested.

"Sure, I'd like that." He kissed me cheek, shutting the door and walking away. I sat there dazed and staring at him in awe as he walked away. I was back to reality when Darcy started crying again.

'Okay baby, we're going home know."

I pulled out of the park parking lot and went on my way.

I think, I thought to myself, that I'm falling in love with Harry Styles all over again.