Going to James's GIGANTIC FUDGIN CASTLE HOUSE THINGY

"Marlene c'mon I gotta go to Zonko's." I said pulling my friend along.
"Ebony, Christmas is in a week why can't you shop later?"
"Because Peter and I are spending Christmas with the gang at James's place." I responded.
"Is Sirius going to be there?" Marlene asked.
"Yeah." I responded glaring as I realized what she was thinking. She wiggled her eyebrows at me. "You're gross." I responded as I pulled her into the bright purple store.
"What are you getting?" Marlene asked.
"Trick candy for all my enemies." I responded. "You're included in the enemy group."
"Rude." Marlene responded messing up my hair.
"Marlene shouldn't you be off dating Jenny?" I asked her.
"Nah, Jenny left a day early so she could spend extra time with her grandparents in Ireland. I'm spending the day bothering you."
"Fine, but could you at least buy me a chocolate bar?" I questioned as I grabbed some purple taffy.
"I don't have any money." She stated with a sheepish smile. I rolled my eyes, paid for my things and we headed towards the three broomsticks.

"Ebony!" Sirius called waving Marlene and I over to where Remus, Peter, and him were sitting.
"Hmm?" I asked sitting down.
"James said that we're leaving now and we're doing side-along apparition." He responded pointing to James who was paying.
"What about our bags?" I asked him.
"Already taken care of." Remus responded.
"Ready to go?" James asked as he came up behind us.
"Yup." I responded standing up. "Bye Marlene, remember we're meeting at Lily's house on Boxing Day."
"Okay," She responded giving me a hug. "See you then." And with that we headed out the door to where James's parents were.

"Hello Ebony," Mrs. Potter said. "James has told us lots about you."
"Hello Mrs. Potter." I responded holding my hand out.
"Oh you can call me Euphemia." She said with a warm smiling.
"And I'm Fleamont." James's dad replied. I smiled at both of them.
"Well cmon then, we've got to apparate, James and Sirius grab Fleamont's arm and Remus, Ebony, and Peter grab mine, you may feel slightly dizzy after."
"Peter throws up," I said sadly.
"Well Peter dear, make sure to throw up in a garbage can." She responded. Peter nodded.
"Well off we go." Fleamont said as the three of them disappeared. Suddenly the world around us became white and blurry and we re-appeared in front of a gigantic house. "James!" I exclaimed, still woozy from the apparition. "This is gigantic."
"Yeah." He responded with a shrug. I rolled my eyes. "C'mon I'll give you the grand tour."

An hour later we were all lounging in James's room chatting.
"Tomorrow's the full moon!" Sirius announced with a shout as he fell off his chair.
"Yeah Remus, what are you gonna do?" I asked before realizing what I'd said. Suddenly it dawned on me. I looked up and everyone was looking at me with bizarre expressions in their faces. "I gotta go, I um gotta," I said stuttering. Suddenly a pair of hands appeared on my shoulders pushing me back onto my seat. Sirius's hands, I realized.
"Ebony, you have some explaining to do." James said staring at me.
"Yeah, okay." I responded nervously. "So, y'know how I became an Animagus?" I said to them. They murmured in response. "So, funny story, I was running in the woods once, and well," I decided to just change into the raccoon. "Surprise?" I said once I turned back.
"Ebony, you should have told us!" James announced.
"Why were you running in the woods?" Sirius asked. I shrugged.
"I got bored." I stated.
"And you don't think I'm a monster?" Remus asked tentatively.
"Only when we take your chocolate." I responded, with a laugh. Peter, as usual, was just sitting there gaping.
"So, whatcha gonna do?" I asked.
"I'm going home for that night then coming back." Remus responded.
"Are you sure we can't help?" James asked, concerned.
"Yeah," Remus said.

"Oh, I forgot, I can only stay until Boxing Day, then I'm off staying at a bunch of people houses until going back to Hogwarts." I realized.
"Who's houses?" Peter asked still having no idea about my life.
"Lily's for two nights,"
"Can I come?" James piped up.
"No." I shot back. "Then Marlene's for a night, then Alice for three nights, then I'm spending the rest with Hanna at her aunt's place."
"Who's Hanna?" Remus inquired.
"She's my ex-girlfriend, now best friend, from Beauxbatons."
"Kaype." Peter said, as I looked at him strangely.

"I'm bored." I stated.
"Thank you for that wonderfully insightful piece of information." Sirius said sarcastically.
"Touchy, touchy." I said. "James give me your wand." He tossed it over to me. "Now Sirius pass me yours." I said and it was whipped at my face. "I said pass, not try to kill me with it. Now Peter." My brother placed the wand in my open hand. "Okay finally Remus."
"Why are we doing this." Remus asked me.
"I dunno, I wanna hide them." I shrugged.
"What?" Sirius whined.
"Sirius, forget stuff." I said waving my wand at him.
"No one ever tell her the real spell," James said as Sirius grabbed his wand back.
"You guys are no fun." I pouted.

"James, would your friends like some chocolate?" Euphemia called up the stairs.
"Sure." He called back as we headed down the stairs.
"Bye losers!" I said running down with Remus following close behind.
"Ebbie, you'd better save me some!" Sirius yelled.
"Nah!" I responded with a laugh as I raced towards the kitchen.