12 - The Date Part 3 - Dinner

"Em, you look... wow," Alison breathed out in astonishment as Emily opened the door for her. The blonde was speechless at Emily's pure beauty, she was surprised she could even form a sentence and get it out of her mouth. In front of her, stood the most angelic person she had ever seen.

Emily was wearing a light blue polka dot dress with a matching belt, and her hair was styled simply. She was wearing make-up, but kept a very natural look. Alison scanned her tanned body and bit her lip.

Emily felt like her whole body was on fire as the blonde scanned over it with her eyes blatantly. The whole world stopped when she opened that door. Alison was so regularly beautiful every day, but tonight, she looked especially gorgeous in her pink dress. Emily's jaw nearly hit the floor and her throat instantly constricted. There was no way around Alison's miraculous grace.

Alison was about a second away from walking in and kissing Emily until the world came to an end, when she heard a familiar voice coming from behind the brunette. "Oh, Alison, how are you, honey?" Pam Fields appeared beside her daughter.

"I'm great, Mrs. Fields, how are you?" Alison answered politely, the same way she always did when it came to Emily's parents, and Emily smiled at her approvingly.

"I'm quite alright, thank you. Where are you two going dressed so fancy? Special dates?" Pam smiled encouragingly at the two girls.

'God, if only she knew,' Alison joked to herself.

"It's just dinner with friends, mom," Emily reassured her mother, her face red from embarrassment, wishing she could just tell her mom the honest truth. It was Alison's and hers first dinner as a couple and it meant the world to both of them.

"Alright, have fun. Just don't be out too late, honey," Pam hugged Emily and stepped back into the house. "Oh, and remember, your father is supposed to come home first thing in the morning."

"Okay," Emily nodded and closed the door behind her. She looked around to make sure her mother wasn't watching, then smiled wholeheartedly at the blonde.

"Just dinner with friends, huh? You're a better liar than I thought, Emily Fields," Alison said flirtatiously as she wrapped her arms around the brunette's waist and pulled her close.

"Shut up," Emily giggled shyly before cradling Alison's cheeks with her hands and kissing her softly. Alison smiled into the kiss and pretty soon they were both giggling.

The blonde parted from Emily and they started walking towards Hanna's house, which was where Caleb was picking them up to the restaurant.

"This is one of the only times I've ever seen you in a dress, you know?" Alison pointed out, which made Emily blush hard. "You look beautiful, Em," Alison said as she smiled softly at the brunette. Emily lifted her head and looked into Alison's eyes. There was only sincerity and affection in the blonde's eyes and Emily found herself swooning.

She smiled brightly from ear to ear and looked at the ground. "You're the most beautiful girl in the world, Ali," Emily admitted in return and Alison smiled widely as she felt her heart swelling in her chest. She knew Emily thought she was beautiful, but hearing her say it like that, in that atmosphere, made it so much more special.

She felt her a knot forming in her throat and her eyes turning unwantedly glassy, which didn't go unnoticed by Emily. She tried to get the water in her eyes to subside but to no avail. "Are you crying?" Emily asked concernedly.

"I'm just really happy, Em," Alison let out with a silent giggle, carefully blinking away the tears, "you make me really happy."

"You make me really happy too," Emily answered back tenderly and grabbed Alison's hand, brushing her thumb over the back of the blonde's palm as they continued their journey to their friend's house.