Chapter Six

Chapter Six

MASON

            I watched as he slept. I didn’t know why, but I thought he was cute. He looked adorable when he crinkled his nose. He was cute. He was like a little kitten curled up in a ball.

            The nurse said that he’s used a lot of his powers in the cafeteria and that he needed to recharge his energy. All I really wanted to do was to sit here in the school’s infirmary and stare at him looking cute. I could practically see cat ears growing out of his head, he was so cute. All of my thoughts were all taken up by him and I didn’t mind. He was all that mattered right now in this moment.

            I thought back to what I’d seen in the cafeteria. The wild look on his face was going to haunt me for the rest of my life. I could see everything that was happening to him as I sat in Professor Dupré’s classroom.

            I’d been sitting there, eating my lunch and practicing reaching my internal magical energy, when I felt Jesse. He’d tapped into my powers and called them to him. At first I didn’t understand what was happening to him. All I knew was that he needed me and that I had to help, so I let him take as much power as he needed, so much so that I could eventually see what he was doing.

            Professor Dupré snapped me out of the trance I’d been in and told me to go to him. I did.

            I’d never felt true fear as I did in the cafeteria, seeing him the way he was. I was scared for him, for me and for the entire school. I never wanted that to happen again.

            I shook my head of all the thoughts that were going through my head and focused on Jesse and how cute he looked. I reached my hand out and combed it through his hair. He was so cute that when he slowly opened his eyes with my hand in his hair, I’d “aawed.” He blushed. His cheeks tinted with pink and I smiled. He was so cute.

            The chime signaling for sixth hour rang in my ear and I could see that Jesse could hear it too.

            “Come on,” I told Jesse, “Get up. We need to go to Professor Dupré for our lesson. We need to learn how to control our magic.” He did, slowly. He was a little disoriented at first, but then he started to move faster.

            We left and went on our way to class.