3Spooky5Me

Arthur's green eyes glinted in the moonlight as they darted from place to place, searching for any sign of a lone figure in the dark forest. Unable to spot any threat, he rested his back against the tree he was sitting in, the rough bark scraping his shoulders through his finery. He licked his chapped lips and gazed down wordlessly at the ground below him.

He was waiting for his prey.

He was waiting for the man with sandy blonde hair and a burnt orange overcoat, the man with sparkling blue eyes the popped out from behind his white mask, the man that gave a bright and happy chuckle before he raised his chainsaw...

Arthur was waiting for his love.

His white, silken gloves skimmed impatiently over the branch he had perched himself in. Any moment now, he told himself. Alfred would be here soon. After all, this woods was the only path where a murderer like Jones could travel through the night without being seen by law enforcements. Unlike the Brit, the American was a simple mortal and could not glide through the night as he did. Kirkland swelled with pride at the thought-being a vampire wasn't anything new to him, but having a way to impress his prey wasn't anything to sneer at.

A sudden crackle of leaves snapped the blonde man out of his thoughts.

He's here.

The silhouette of a tall, stocky man lingered only a few feet below Arthur's hiding place. He smirked. Brilliant. In one graceful motion, he leaped off of the branch and landed a few feet from Alfred, his midnight blue cape swishing around his figure with a mysterious and elegant air. He positioned his arm over his face, leaving only his emerald green eyes exposed, with shone with something like bloodlust. Arthur felt intensely joyous when he saw his prey's reaction: a quick, startled turn. He truly succeeded in showing the disposition of a royal vampire.

"Who are you?" The American inquired, not moving from his guarded position. His blue eyes showed distrust.

"Why, Alfred," the Englishman chuckled lightly, slowly moving closer to his object of affection. "How on Earth do you not remember your old friend?" Recognition seemed to strike the younger man, and he straightened up, though he still seemed cautious. As he should be; I'm very frightening.

"Arthur," The older man growled. His voice rung with a tone the vampire couldn't quite put his finger on. "Why are you out here? Shouldn't you be with Francis or something?"

"Is it so wrong for me to want to come greet my mate?" Arthur exclaimed, his mouth forming a fake pout. He grinned at Alfred's flustered expression.

"Firstly, I am no one's mate, and secondly, I am in a bit of a rush here, but I suspect you might already know that."

"And where are you so anxious to get to on Halloween night, love?" The regal blonde stepped closer to Alfred, playfully brushing his fingers through the taller man's amber hair. His fanged smirk never left his mouth.

"If you must know, there's been a report of a bunch of jerks kids in the next town over. I was on my way to dispose of them." A frown was plastered across the murderer's face for a few moments, then morphed to resemble the Brit's puzzled face. Arthur wondered why he had so readily revealed that information, and the American seemed just as confused as he was. For a moment, both were silent.

The Brit quickly shook himself out of his confusion, trying to return to his previous confident attitude. He grabbed Alfred's wrist and pulled towards him, so that they were standing pressed against each other. He didn't have to fake a grin when he saw the tint of pink that appeared on the murderer's face at their position.

"Oh, the law enforcements will take care of them. It won't hurt you to stay with me a little longer..." The vampire drawled, tracing a gloved finger down from the American's broad shoulder to his lower back, relishing the feeling.He looked up, Alfred gave a visible gulp.

"Arthur, you're acting strange...Have you been drinking?" The tone in Alfred's voice seemed a bit friendlier, and though he was noticeably uncomfortable, he wasn't making any moves to escape the vampire's hold.

"No!" The Brit squealed indignantly, then fumbled to regain his composure. "I mean..." he coughed awkwardly. "...Of course not, love,"The smaller man managed to purr, smiling somewhat meekly. "What makes you think that I am?"

"Well, firstly, I'd never have thought that'd you go out of your way to find me," the younger man began, "And secondly, you don't usually seem so...cheery." The last word seemed caustic on his tongue.

"You've only seen me when I'm around that awful man Francis," Arthur droned, emerald eyes lingering on the bright orange of his pray's overcoat, "Has it ever occurred to you that when I don't have to monitor him, I might be able to act a bit..." The vampire had snaked his arm around the taller blonde's neck; he pulled the American's head dangerously close to his own, craning his own neck so that he could feel Alfred's quick breath against his lips.

"...Different?"

The green-eyed man moved his gaze from the other blonde's lips to his eyes, expecting to see them wide in surprise, like those of an animal caught in a trap. Instead, the murderer's cobalt eyes blazed with an intensity to match his own. He seemed almost enraged. Arthur felt the pit of his stomach pool with fear, and it look all his willpower to not let the feeling register on his face.

Without warning, there was a wild switch of position. The Brit found his head inches from the ground in a low dip; Alfred held a firm hand on his lower waist and the other was entangled with the vampire's, who was now gripping onto the American's shoulder for dear life. The taller blonde wore a smug smirk on his face that borderlined a grin of insanity.

"Oh no you don't," Jones chuckled softly, his voice grim. "I have no intentions of being bitten tonight." Before Arthur could utter a word in response, the younger man pushed his lips onto the Brit's.

For a moment, the vampire was paralyzed. The feeling of the murderer's lips on his own was somehow both completely familiar and alien, but as the seconds wore on it began to matter less and less. Arthur began to return the kiss, tentatively. He could feel himself drowning in Alfred, and in the back of his mind he knew it wasn't a wise choice to continue this, but he kept on. His sense of urgency was completely off track at the moment.

After almost a minute had gone by, the smaller man felt the American stiffen noticeably, as if he was being called back to reality. He quickly dropped Arthur to the ground and stood quickly, wiping his lip and looking down at the Brit as he softly panted. The vampire made no move to get up from the ground, he only stared wide-eyed at Jones, not understanding nor believing the situation. Alfred closed his eyes for a few moments, as if gathering himself. When he opened them again, they burned like rings of azure fire in the night, baring into Arthur's own.

"I won't fall your cheap tricks, Arthur. I don't plan to become one of your brainless servants anytime soon." He turned and took a few quick strides into the moonlit woods before glancing back over his shoulder and adding, "...But if you'd like to try again with a more earnest demeanor, I'll be hiding away in the next town for two weeks." With that said, he dashed away into the darkness of the night.

Arthur watched him go, feeling like he was in some sort of trance. He briefly wondered if that mysterious American might be a mage or alchemist. He certainly had put some sort of spell over the Brit that night.

A/N: Happy Halloween my dudes!