17 // The Two Weeks In Between

HANNAH // OCTOBER 17

Vivi and I were walking into school feeling pretty down about ourselves. The line at our favorite coffee shop had been so busy we had to skip our favorite meal.

"We should have left earlier," I sighed.

"I know, I'm sorry. I blew a fuse this morning straightening my hair," she looked down at the floor.

"Happens to the best of us," I nudged her.

"Ladies," Ben greeted us.

"Benjamin," we both said.

"Nate, you got the tray?" Ben asked and Vivi and I gave each other weird looks.

"It's pretty cold out there today, wouldn't you say?" he asked me.

"Yeah, it's really windy," I played along.

"So, I figured this would warm you up." Ben said before he reached back towards for something. When he turned back around, a smile spread across my face.

"You didn't," I said.

"Pumpkin spiced latte for Vivian," he said handing her the coffee cup.

"Thank's, Benjamin," Vivi raised her cup to him.

"And caramel macchiato for you."

"What are you up to?" I gave him a suspicious look, but took the coffee anyways.

"Nothing," he smiled. "Nate and I wanted coffee this morning," Ben wiggled his half-empty cup in my face. "Have a nice day, babe," he said as he kissed my cheek. The smile dropped off my face as Ben messed up my hair as he walked off with his boys.

"I hate it when he messes up my hair. Doesn't he know how long I spend getting my life together?" I said to Vivi, knowing she was probably rolling her eyes.

"Well, maybe if he spent the night, he would know." Vivi said slowly.

"Oh my god... I kiss the guy a few times and go on a few dates and—"

"You kiss him way more than a few times. You practically make out with him in the hallway... after games... before school..."

"Vivi! Stop!" I covered my eyes.

A lot had changed between Ben and me in the last two weeks. Ever since I ended up making out with him in that closet... Things were different between us now, but a good different. I found myself thinking about him, texting him, and just wanting to spend time with him. It didn't matter what we did, but it was like I had this urge to be around him whenever I could. It was nice.

"And you ended up in his bed like two weeks ago!" Vivi interrupted.

"That was because of the party. We got home at like 3am. There was no way I was sneaking into my house at 3am." I laughed. "But that's besides the point."

"Okay, PG, enlighten me," Vivi said and I shot her a glare.

"The point is that you want me to marry the guy!"

"So?"

"He's not spending the night." I readjusted my bag.

"Why not?"

"Because my aunt and uncle would never let him?" My answer came out as a question.

"So wait until they go on a business trip or something. They're always traveling." Vivi made a really good suggestion.

"They try not to travel around the holidays."

"So stay at Ben's house. Ever think of that?" she asked me as we walked into history.