Butterflies

My heart stopped as he walked through the door. Shit! I look like crap! I ducked down in my chair pulling out a compact mirror trying to at least make my self look decent! Today was just one of those school days where I threw my wavy blond mess of hair in a sloppy bun, grabbed a pair sweats and some band tee. I didn't even bother to put in my contacts. I quickly put some mascara and a little bit of eye liner. I went for my concealer, "Where's Summer?" I heard his beautiful voice speak my name. No time! I shoved my makeup back in my bag and sat up in my chair. I watched him turn around. He smiled when he saw me. I smiled back shyly. I watched him strut towards me.

"Whats up AYE-DON!" I tried to sound like a guy.

"No Summer, just no." He chuckled. He stared at me with his green eyes. I have never seen a guy with green eyes like his. He has beautiful black hair. His skin was pale. All his friends called him Casper or Flash. I called him by his real name, Aydon. He's been my partner in crime since last year but there's still so much I don't know, like his favorite color, or his middle name. I've kinda notice we talk more about me.

Let me just catch you up. My name is Summer Marie Evans. My favorite color is elctric blue. My Favorite drink is Pepsi. And I'm stuck in the Friend Zone.

Friend Zone: A place where a guy/girl is placed in someones heart. A place where you can't love them more than you would love a brother or a sister as they flirt with you like a mother fucker. The.worst.place.on.Earth.

My phone rang, "Middle finger off to the sky! Throw it up!" I laughed as Aydon flipped off the whole classroom.

I quickly dismissed it as Mr. Garths walked in, "Mr. Rivers, is that appropriate for a class room?" Aydon pulled his hand down quickly.

"No Sir." Mr. Garths nodded and turned around and as soon as his back was to Aydon, that finger came back up! I tried not to giggle.

"Now class," Mr.Garth started off on the usual announcements about upcoming dances, how the dress code still applies, and blah blah blah. I started out the window, taking in the sunshine and puffy clouds. The grass was greener than ever and trees where full of life. "Miss Evans."

I jumped at the sound of my name being called, "Yes?"

He looked up from his clip board, "Just calling role. I can tell you have spring fever." I nodded as he went on to the next name on the list.

"So, Summer, you going to the spring dance?" Aydon asked me. He smiled and I almost melted.

"No, I don't think so. Why?" I asked as the butterflies of hope rise in my stomach.

"Just wondering," He looked down at his phone and back up at me, "What do you think about Matt?"

The butterflies died, "Matt Myers?" I asked trying to not let my disappointment shine through.

"Yep!" I could see in his eyes he was hoping for something but I wasn't sure what.

"Eh, hes cool." I faked a smile.

"Well would you go out with him?" Aydon asked with all seriousness.

"Maybe..." I trailed off not wanting to lie to him.

"Okay then." He turned around in his chair and started to copy notes off the board.

Matt Myers is on the baseball team, football team, and the soccer team. He's cute but kinda hides in the shadows. Girls crush on him but not like how they crush on Aydon. He has short brown hair and grey eyes that are almost silver. hes tall and tan-ish. He's also Aydons best friend. God please don't let him like me! If he liked me that would mean Aydon would never ever think of me as girlfriend material!