Chapter 25 - You & Me

Chapter 25 – You & Me

            Ford looked around the room and blinked, everything was frozen – stopped in time. He walked up to Atkins, who still stared intently on the screen. To say he was confused was the least of it, Ford’s first thought was that he died of a heart attack and his ghost was wandering around but after pinching himself he knew that wasn’t the case. Looking back on the screen he could see Levi and the fear in his boyfriend’s eyes.

            “Hello Ford,” A voice whispered from across the room. An elderly woman with olive skin and bright curly white hair walked up to him. She had a round sweet face, which beamed brightly and provided some warmth. “I’m the Sage of Time, but you can call me Gala.”

            “Okay…” Ford was still confused. “If I am supposed to fight you, I’m not a Sage anymore, he is.” Ford looked back on the screen.

            “I am not here to fight.” Gala walked up to Ford and held his hand. “Ford you are very special and we have very little time. I have frozen the time stream because, I have been watching these events unfold and realized something.”

            “What?” Ford couldn’t help but feel more and more confused.

            “That we can stop this. This cycle. The strands of time are twisting and curling together like I have never seen.” Gala walked up and leaned against one of the rails looking at the screen.

            “Okay, what do I need to do?” Ford looked at Levi and his stomach sank. He needed to do something, but he didn’t have any power now.

            “I’m not sure. But, there are ripples in the water, things you have touched that are affecting the future. I can see all the puzzle pieces…”

            “ But have no idea how to put them together.” Ford completed Gala’s sentence. He felt like he could trust her. She nodded and smiled. “Why did he get my power?” Ford inquired looking from the screen to Gala.

            “He wanted it and you wanted to give it away.” She whispered. “But let me show you because this is where the ripples began.”

            The room started to spin quickly and melt together. Ford had felt this feeling twice before and he wanted to throw up but right before that moment, everything stopped. Polished floors and white wooden walls lay before him. Paintings were hung on the wall and he realized he was a museum.

            Ford stepped forward and spotted a younger version of Levi straddling a younger version of himself. This is where the broken glasses he was wearing became broken. Levi and him were in a fight, back during sophomore year at the museum. The Greek statue watching both of them.

            Gala stepped next to Ford and the two watched the scene unfold. “Know your place.” Levi said standing up and leaving the room. The younger Ford sat up a fresh punch on his face from Levi.

            “I remember this.” Ford whispered to Gala. “That fight, the museum….this was the last day I felt normal.”

            “You weren’t supposed to be in the room Ford.” Gala answered. “It was only supposed to be Levi….and the statue picked you.”

            “Why,” Ford looked at his younger self walk out of the room. “I didn’t ask it too. Clearly I wasn’t the stronger one there.”