The Good and the Bad

Dan's P.O.V

The next morning I braced myself for Dr Hodgons plan of talking to Darcy. He was going to ask her questions and I was happy to proceed the process of having Darcy back.

I needed her, and I couldn't last much longer without her.

"She went to sleep considerably late last night, and woke up arund six-ish. But she seemed pretty relaxed and this morning she appears to be quite calm. But I suspect she is very confused. Though a meal was brought to her overnight, which has at least helped her to know she is safe. I will be talking to her in an hour, we have listed some easy questions and will be giving her information depending on her answers" I sat in my usual seat, watching Darcy play with the pencil and notebook on the desk.

She looked calm, but bored. I didn't understand how I was so amused by her though and after what felt like a few minutes, the doctor was informing me that it was time to talk to her. I sat excitedly, making sure that the camera was recording in the top of the room so I could re-watch it later and show Phil. Today was the radio show and I admit to feeling guilty that I wasn't there to assist Phil.

The doctor left the room with his clipboard and pen, adjusting his glasses on his nose before wandering to the door to Darcy's room from the outside. I braced myself, I was excited but nervous. I was finally getting answers to the questions I had been asking myself since the day she was sent to this place.

I waited a few seconds as the doctor pressed the code into the door, then I watched through the window as the door opened and Darcy jumped in shock but suddenly calmed when she realised it was a doctor.

"Good morning Darcy, how are you feeling" She cleared her throat and I watched the doctor sit on her bed.

"I don't know, where am I?' She asked and the doctor smiled, talking was a good thing and it was clear she wasn't freaking out. Just the sound of her voice satisfied something ,making me smile.

"You're in the hospital. Now Darcy, do you know what day it is?" She shook her head and placed the pencil back on the desk, facing the doctor and giving him her full attention.

"No" Dr Hodgons scribbled something on his paper and looked back up at her.

"Do you know my name?" She thought a moment, staring blankly at him before speaking.

"I recognise you but I don't think I can remember" My heart sank a little and I hoped that she would remember. She had to! She couldn't have amnesia!

"Well Darcy my name is Doctor Hodgons, I have treated you before" Darcy squinted and then a small smile speared on her lips.

"Yes I remember you, in a different hospital" I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Good, that's very good! Now Darcy, does your head hurt by any chance?" She shook her head again.

"No" And the doctor scribbled some more things onto his clip board.

"Do you know what led you to be here?" She shook her head, and I prayed she wouldn't remember in fear she might have another fit and we would be back at step one.

"You were at a court meeting, do you remember anything that day?" She thought a moment and I wasn't sure what I wanted her answer to be. Yes so she remembered me but no because I didn't want her to remember her kidnapper.

I could tell from her expression that whatever memory she did have wasn't pleasant as she blanked out.

"Darcy?" The doctor asked and she snapped out of it, nodding quickly and fidgeting with her fingers.

"Okay, do you remember where you live?" Darcy furrowed her eyebrows and bit her lip, a definite sign she was struggling to remember.

"No not really" The doctor wrote some more on his board.

"Do you remember anything?" and I prayed the answer was yes.

"No" And I felt all hope drain out of my mind. She didn't remember, and she wouldn't remember me.

"Okay. Now Darcy are there any questions you would like to ask?" She thought a moment.

"Why am I here?" The doctor smiled and wrote another thing on his board.

"You had a mental fit a few days ago and were drugged to sleep. We are keeping you here in order to regain your mental strength and memory, you seem to have a minor case of amnesia. But I believe you will be quick to recover and after at most two weeks you will be able to leave" She nodded again and the doctor stood up.

"If you need anything, just speak up okay? And now that you are back to having food, I will open the bathroom door" I didn't know there was bathroom but the doctor walked past the window  and used his keys to unlock a door that I didn't even know was there.

"If you need any supplies feel free to ask, I'll be back tomorrow for our first session okay?"  Darcy nodded and as he left the room, she went straight to the bathroom.

"She seems to be mentally okay, can talk and managed to recognise me. But she does have amnesia, not too bad but enough that she won't be able to remember you or Phil without seeing and hearing you. I suggest we keep it that way for as long as possible. She will be on strong medication or the next 2 weeks, after that she should be able to leave."

"Okay, thanks" I said and brought my attention to the now empty room.

"Don't worry there is a camera in the bathroom but only used if we really believe something is wrong" I nodded, thankful they wouldn't be spying on her in there.

After a few minutes she was back into the main room, sketching something at her desk.  I wished she didn't have amnesia ,that she would be perfectly fine and could leave as soon possible because I missed her and I wanted to hold her and kiss her and talk to her again.

But I had to be patient.

I had to wait.

Two weeks.

Two whole fucking weeks without her.

Two weeks of hell.

And I couldn't wait till it was over.