abigail

a short blurb thingy I wrote a few nights ago.

Abigail was one of the nicest girls you could ever meet.

and maybe that was where she went wrong.

maybe she shouldn't hold so many doors for people who didn't thank her, and maybe she shouldn't stop and wish everyone she encountered a happy day.

or maybe she should keep doing those things because that's what decent human beings do. maybe.

but Abigail was too nice.

when her sister called her names and pushed her around, Abigail wrote her a note, saying how she hoped her day got better.

when the other girls in her grade laughed at her outfits or hair style, she smiled and told them that she really liked their sense of fashion.

and when that strikingly beautiful boy slapped her,

she kissed him and whispered "it's okay, I love you."

yeah, that's where she went wrong.

they had been together nearly a year. Trevor was her first kiss, her first time making love, her first everything.

he was also the first person to leave a bruise on her body. he was the first person to make her feel weak.

but at the same time, Trevor meant everything to Abigail. he was the one person she felt truly appreciated her, though she couldn't see his true self.

she loved him and loved him and loved. every hit; and she loved him more. every time he lay in bed next to another girl, she loved him more.

and when he left,

when he left without warning,

when he left without a goodbye,

Abigail said,

"I love you"

and waited.