☾hapter 1- 'Enceladus'

Hi I wrote this story when I was 16-17! but I am older now and wanted the chance to go over and edit so I have unpublished the story and plan to go over each chapter and upload after each one is fully edited.

Some comments I have replied to on this story have been immature but being young I didn't handle criticism well and for that I apologize.

I struggle with writing so punctuation, spelling and grammar will be an issue so if this bothers you please don't read. 

I am going to try and make chapters longer but I can only do so much since the book is already fully written but bare with me.

Sorry for the long message I will try and do warnings for each chapter above but please read the introduction at the beginning of the book for this. '

It was late when Dad drove us through our new home named 'Enceladus'

This is the sixth time we have moved since I turned 9.

My father is a businessman so we tend to move around a lot.

I never really have much time to make friends in any place we move to. I used to go to a public school when I was little but because of moving to different places, I became home-schooled.

It was easier that way for both me and Dad. I think he saw the impact of how quiet I had become and how each time we would move my smile got dimmer.

Yet we never spoke of it only him coming to me one day with a home-schooling application asking if I wanted it and of course I jumped.

I think that was the first time I had smiled properly in a while.

Now I am now 17 and Dad said I need to finish the next couple of years in high school for my GSCE's.

He said we wouldn't move until I finished school to let me fully concentrate and I am excited despite hidden nerves poking into me of insecurities.

I hadn't been around other people much we don't have any other family and I have always been a homebody more comfortable in myself than trying to go out.

I think the lack of friends doesn't help my awkwardness radiating off me in waves whenever I do go out.

.

Before coming here I tried to go on social media to try and see what kind of people go to the school and there were thousands.

It made my anxiety worse.

People were beautiful here beach pictures being taken as groups of friends posed together.

I had yet to feel it's sun.

We moved from Britain where the sea was gray and the air either too cold or too hot but never a nice between.

It was raining when we left and my dad cursed the entire drive to the airport the rain trying to deter us from coming here, battling against the windows but the wheels pushed.

My father was a stubborn man frowning when the plane was delayed due to the harsh weather but he said nothing more.

I liked that he was a quiet man never the one to argue if could be avoided his eyes conveying his emotions clearly enough that anyone on the wrong side of him would shift uncomfortably under his glare.

We don't get many conversations in but we are still like best friends because we understand each other.

We both love space and simple sentences yet sometimes I feel lonely.