Candy Canes

Candy Cane

A Christmas Love

One Shot.

"Rylie!" Evelyn shouts, "Quick! Or Candy Canes will be out of stock!" The girl jumps up and down like a little kid who is 5 years old.

"What's with Candy Canes anyway?!" Rylie groans

"It's a cane-shaped candy with red and white stripes and it's freakingly delicious!" Her excitement over took, convincing the girl to like Candy canes but failed anyway. "Everyone loves candy canes." She giggles

Rylie rolled her eyes at Evelyn's last statement. "There's no such word as freakingly, Evelyn." She says

"Whatever. Let's go!" Evelyn drags Rylie to the crowd where they get a free box of candy canes. This year's special gift to everyone was free Candy Canes. They sure know everyone loves it.

"God, Evelyn, how old are you again? Right you're 7." Rylie teases.

"I can't believe Rylie is my sister. She hates Candy canes." Evelyn rolled her eyes. "I'm 15 okay?" She says, offended by her sister's choice of words.

"And I'm 17. So quit it, only 5-10 loves candy canes." Rylie fires. If only she knows how hurt Evelyn is by hearing those awful words against her obsessions with Candy Canes.

Ignoring the fact what her sister said, Evelyn continued to run across the mall to get her free box of candy canes, dragging her sister along.

"Quick!" Evelyn says again.

"Why don't you just go first and I'll catch up?" Annoyed by her little sister, Rylie suggested this.

"Fine." Evelyn says and let go of her sister's hand and continued to run.

Rylie walk in relief without her sister pulling her, she didn't give a damn on where she was going at all. She just followed Evelyn until she was out of sight.

Panic washes over her blood, Rylie usually feels okay whenever Evelyn was lost in her sight; Evelyn knows the way home and all that, she could take care of herself. For God's sake, she's 15 when it comes to things like this. Only 7 years old when it comes to her obsession with candy canes.

Rylie look around, unsure why the sudden panic, the answer is now revealed; A blond girl in jeans and sweats was lying on the cold concrete floor of the mall.

"Evelyn!" Rylie shouts and run towards her sister who was lying and struggling to get up.

"Evelyn are you alr-" Evelyn turns around to her sister, revealing a fresh cut on her knee. "Oh my goodness!" Rylie exclaims

Those type of malls that has different concrete floor on some parts of the area. Of all floors, why the hard and scratchy one?

"I'm calling Jonah." Rylie says, sliding her phone open to call their older brother who was with his friends somewhere around the mall.

"Hello? I need your help." Rylie says

"What could that be?" Jonah says from the other line.

"Evelyn is injured badly and I need you to help me solve this. Now!" Rylie demanded.

"Okay chill where are you guys anyway?" He ask, clearly not quite concern.

"In the middle of the mall where the hard concrete floors are. You know that area?" Rylie describes impatiently

"That floor?! She got inju-" Before Jonah can finish his sentence, Rylie hangs up.

"They're coming." She says and look at the fresh cut. Rylie hates to see injuries especially blood.