Chapter 1 - Surprise, Surprise

Melt With You

Chapter 1

Surprise, Surprise

4:45 PM. Fifteen minutes to go! Time to wrap things up.

All day long i kept glancing at the clock on the bottom right of my computer screen.

Today is the day you see. I smiled in anticipation as I started saving all the opened documents in my laptop. I will go Project Levi's today (our term for going home at exactly 5:01 PM).  

"Someone has a date," Ellen, my teammate on the next table, teased. I gave her a smile.

"Technically, I don't have a date yet," I replied shutting down my laptop.

"How about Robert?" she asked referring to my long term boyfriend, Robert Hernandez.

"It's a surprise date," I gave her a conspiratorial smile. 

She smiled at me. "Well good luck then. Tell me about it tomorrow?"

"Sure," I replied as I stood and waved at her. "Bye." 

"Bye Reese."

On my way out, I walked into Rose, our department's secretary. "Hey don't forget, the new boss is coming tomorrow," she told me. Our department head resigned just last week to migrate to the US. 

"Sure," I replied with a nod. 

I logged out in our floor lobby, rushed to the elevators (we were on the 5th floor) and rushed out of the building. At exactly 5:05PM I was waiting for the next train. While at the train I sent a text message to Robert.

Me: Hon, don't fetch me at work. I'm going home straight. Not feeling well. Love u.

His reply was quick.

Robert: Why honey what's wrong? Are you sure you can commute alone? Love you  too.

Me: Yep. I'm at the MRT now. I think it's something I ate at lunch.

At 5:45 I was in my apartment and taking a quick shower.

Let me tell you a bit about Robert. I met him four years ago when I was job hunting. We were both applicants in the same company. We chatted while waiting for our turns to be interviewed. We immediately hit it off and he asked for my number. Unfortunately, we both were not accepted in the same company (he, being colorblind, and me, having no driver's license. Heck I don't even know how to drive.) He texted me a few days after and asked me out on a date. Things just developed from there then. After a month, he got accepted in an IT company while I got accepted in a telco company. And after four years we are still together. Our relationship has been blissful, and occassionally we would talk about marriage and the future, though he has not propped the question yet.

Now you may ask why I referred to this day as the day. No, today is not our anniversary or our monthsary. Today is the day I have decided to give it to him. I don't know how I've come into this, but it suddenly just came to me that I wanted to do it. With him. Yes, we are four years in our relationship and all we have done is make out like adolescents. Hey, I was raised to give value to my virginity. But since I am definitely sure he is the one...

It was one of the things that I love about Robert.  He never pushed it on me. He was understanding when I told him no when things started to heat up more than usual one night. And since then, he never tried it again.

After I showered I played "Sexy Back" on my Iphone to put me in a naughty mood. I put on the lacy black lingerie I bought at La Senza last week. I didn't dare look at the mirror. I might back out if I see my reflection. I wore a simple cut sleeveless black dress and black pumps. Showed enough skin but not much. Simple yet effective. I put on some moisturizer, pat some powder on my face, some lipstick and I was ready to go. I didn't want to put on much makeup. I spritzed on my perfume. I packed in a paper bag the bottle of wine I bought yesterday, and  the veggie salad and blueberry cake I prepared just this morning. Just as I was leaving, I received a message from Robert, saying he was home. Perfect.

Robert: Hey honey. I'm home. Would you like me to come over and stay with you for the night?

I did not reply. Let him think I'm asleep.

I hailed a cab and gave him the directions to Robert's condo which was in Makati ( I lived in Mandaluyong). I have the extra key card to his condo unit.

I kept fidgeting in the cab. 

Get a grip Marissa, you're acting like a nervous teenager, I scolded myself. 

I imagined what I would do later. Of course he'll be surprised to see me. He thought I was sick at home. Then I'll just tell him that this was a surprise date. We'll eat dinner, then after that... after that...

"Hey miss we're here," the driver broke down into my reverie.

"Oh thank you," I handed him a bill and stepped out of the cab. 

On the way to the elevator up, I tried to calm myself.

Okay breathe, breathe...

I heard the ominous ding of the elevator telling me I reached Robert's floor. I took a deep breath and stepped out. 

When I was in front of his door, I smoothed my dress and patted my hair in place.

Okay here we go...

I inserted the key card and opened the door.

His place was a one bedroom unit. I peered inside. He was not in sight. He must be in the bedroom. Quietly I closed the door then I stopped. Was that I moan?

I paused to listen then heard it again. That was unmistakably a moan.

Was he masturbating??? Or watching porn??? Or both???

Curious I went to his room.

When I opened the door, what I saw shocked me out of my senses. I actually dropped the paper bag I was holding.I heard the unmistakable crash of breaking bottle and the wine spilled on the floor.

There on the bed staring back at me, mirroring the horror on my face, was a buck naked Robert. And beneath him was an equally naked woman.