THIRTEEN

IMPORTANT: This chapter will deal with the subject of suicide, so read at your own discretion. If you want, send me a message and I would be more than happy to give you a summary of what happens.

THIRTEEN

Reyna was dragging him and Will to a party that night, and he was not looking forward to it at all. Nico felt a little queasy just thinking about it. He made them both breakfast, but he couldn't eat more than a few nibbles on his own piece of toast. He couldn't even drink his coffee, and he was paying the price for it. His eyelids drooped, and he leaned his head on his hand.

"You okay?" Reyna asked from across the island. Nico nodded his head but didn't say anything. A cold hand was pressed up against his forehead, sending a shock to his system.

"Nico, you're burning up." Will's hands stayed on his face for a minute before disappearing. Two small pills were placed in front of him along with a glass of water. "Take these and go back to bed." Will instructed but Nico shook his head, pushing the pills away.

"I'm fine." He took a large bite of his toast to prove his point, but that was a mistake. His stomach churned and he rushed to the bathroom, emptying its contents into the toilet. Will was stood by the doorway.

"You're clearly not. Now take the pills and go to bed. Doctor's orders." Will followed him to the kitchen and saw him drink the water. "Nico, take the medicine." He ordered softly but Nico was still resisting.

"I don't take pills." He insisted.

"Will, it's fine. Nico, just go get some rest and don't worry about us. I'm off, I have a match, but Will will make sure you're looked after." Reyna insisted and went to the bathroom to get changed.

"All they can do is help you, Nico. I don't get why you don't want to feel better." Will wasn't dropping the subject. Nico was tired and miserable and done with the conversation.

"Vaffanculo." He spat, storming out and slamming his door. Reyna came out in her uniform and gave a low whistle.

"What did he say?" Will was confused, but wasn't completely sure he wanted to know.

"I told you to drop it." Reyna put her hands up, backing out of the room. She left shortly after to go to her match. Will pulled out his phone and opened his translation app, but it was useless cause he had no idea how to spell it. He googled Italian swear words next, and he found it. Along with several other phrases he had heard Nico mumble under his breath in the past.

"Nico." Will knocked on the door. "Do you want me to call Winona and let her know you aren't going to work today?"

"I'm perfectly capable of going to work. It's not for two more hours yet, I'll be fine by then." Will scoffed at this.

"You are not going to work today. If you would take the medicine, I might change my mind." Will offered and the door opened.

"The first time I tried to kill myself it was an overdose, so no. I'm not going to take them." Nico was shaking with anger. He just wanted Will to drop the subject, and at Will's silence, he was successful. Will looked like a fish out of water, the way he kept opening his mouth to say something before changing his mind and closing it again. Nico closed the door in his face.

Will was stunned. Sure he knew Nico hadn't always had it easy, but that he would resort to trying to take his own life? Will felt like crying or screaming or punching whoever had hurt Nico. Despite all his anger, Nico was one of the nicest people he knew, he was always looking out for everyone else, but never took care of himself.