||Gone||

Annabelle was never much for crying herself to sleep, however, that's how Arthur had found her the same night she confessed her love for Olen, he could only watch her cry while trying to comfort her. She had never said she loved a guy, especially one she was prohibited from seeing, he was very confused about the whole situation and it seemed tad childish but he knew how it felt to be kept away from love. Maybe she didn't love him and just held strong feelings for him, he had tried telling her but she shook her head and denied him saying she understood her feelings now.

In Arthur's mind, her situations was almost childish, as if it were a middle school crush she was hurting over, but he took her hurt into mind as he'd suffered that before. She looked genuinely broken and he didn't know how to control it, he loved his sister and hoped she could just forget, but it was never that easy, if the love was as strong as thought of, then it would take her a long time.

Arthur leaves his sister, noticing she needs time to herself, and heads downstairs where he sees Austin eating a sandwich in nothing but a pair of shorts, this is when he notices the marks on his back.

"You should really cover up Melissa's artwork before mom takes notice," Arthur says slyly.

Austin quickly turns around and swallows the food in his mouth before retorting, "you should really keep this to yourself."

Arthur raises his hands in self-defense and walks out the kitchen. His brother was like a canvas to Melissa, he remembers when he first came home with bruised marks on his neck, his mother lost it, she thought it was inappropriate and even called his father to scold him. Arthur sometimes believes that's why Austin resents his father, he always had something to say but never had enough momentum to stay with his family. He also remembers when his dad decided to end it with not just his mom, but his kids as well, he was sure he saw him only once or twice every month, that's if they were lucky enough to get in contact with him again. It caused distrust, and resent. He hated him at first, not as much as his mother or brother had, but he would often avoid his phone calls or visits.

Arthur notices Austin walk into the kitchen with a shirt on covering the marks on his chest, he was lucky enough to have a laundry room right downstairs. Instead of saying anything to his older brother, Arthur laughs and takes a seat on the couch turning on the television, Austin joining him right after. Although was happy with his brother, his mind wandered back to Annabelle, he wonders if she was able to clam herself down or if she was still sulking in the memory of Olen. He was still very angry at the situation, but he didn't know how to make it better, he had no clue as to what to do. It's not like he could speak to his brother of the situation, Austin would not just punch Olen, Austin was capable of doing much more damage than he had.

Instead of focusing all on his sister, Arthur kicked back with his brother and watched the game with him.

Annabelle, now alone, was focusing on wether or not to send a message to Olen. She was sure he did not want to speak with her, if Margaret saw the message, she truly believes she would be suspicious. Hours had passed since she last saw him. His bright blue eyes glancing past her during class, the way he seemed less attentive to the class and more distracted. She wants to know what is on his mind, if only she had the wits to send a simple message.

'Olen?'

She knows how easily her finger could graze over the send button, but somehow she just barely lingered above it. Annabelle felt it.

The love.

She could feel how much her heart craved for him, for his kisses, his touch, the way he made her feel. Annabelle truly believes she loves him, her heart knows it, the way she felt at the mere mention of his name. It was all she craved.