George Weasley x Rebekah Black-Lupin - Part 2

Still has Wolfstar, a gay ship. If you don't want to read that, please just move to another chapter and please don't hate in the comments.

Sirius didn't go looking at the Weasley house for his daughter. He didn't even think of that when he finally decided to leave Remus's apartment. He'd assumed Remus had run off with Rebekah to some far away place, perhaps sending her to Hogwarts early. He didn't want to believe his husband could ever believe him a bad person, but after five years of having all hope and happiness drained out of him his mind started to jump to the worst. He stopped even noticing it was happening. He had felt truly happy for the first time in years as he looked at various photos of his family before he was imprisoned, but even that didn't last long because it was another reminder that his family was nowhere to be found.

The next place he went was the train station. The place he'd last seen his daughter. The last place he'd seen his husband happy. The place where he'd lost his daughters favorite necklace. He wondered if she still remembered that trinket. If she still missed it. If she still missed him. If she still remembered the good times they'd had together. If she resented him. If she was scared of him. If she would still recognize him. If he would still recognize her through all the muddy memories, fogged up by the pain of his imprisonment. He'd already spent nine years mourning the death of his best friends, then another five being accused of killing said best friends.

The necklace was gone.

Sirius's family was gone.

~

"You should have stayed home." Rebekah couldn't think of anything to say to her father when she found him at Hogwarts. He'd agreed to a job as a teacher at the school, and she still wasn't sure how to feel about it.

"It's good to see you too," He said bitterly.

She sighed. "It's not that. I just wanted you to be home when dad got back."

"He's not coming back Rebekah," Remus said sharply. She fought the urge to cower away. She hadn't ever seen her father so angry. He always tried to make their fleeting time together as cheerful and light as possible.

"Did you at least charm your house? He's going to find it eventually."

Remus thought for a moment then turned a deep red. He cleared his throat in an attempt to stay confident and said, "He's probably not even worried about that. The entire Wizarding World is on the lookout for him, his first priority is hiding."

"And you know him so well," She said sarcastically. "It's been five years. It's a little sad that you don't think the first thing on his mind would be his husband."

"We're not married anymore," Remus said.

That stung. She looked away quickly and held her tongue. Remus didn't want a divorce, but The Ministry considered all marriages including a high level criminal like Sirius invalid. Meaning, that in the eyes of all the Wizarding World Remus and Sirius weren't married. They weren't officiated in the Muggle world either, so across the board they were both unmarried men. Besides, Muggles weren't nearly as accepting as wizards with two men getting married. Remus doubted he would live long enough to see the day when he could properly marry his love in the muggle world.

Breakfast ended and Rebekah left for her dorms. Remus had no access to them, but here he was Mr. Lupin. He could feel his only family left slipping out of his hands, if it wasn't gone already.

~

Rebekah found that she had assigned to one of her father's classes. Mr Dumbledore probably thought he was being funny or nice or something. She didn't want to be that student. No one would believe she had deserved her grade if she did well. She would be pegged an instant teacher's pet. George noticed the class on her schedule and commented that Harry was in it as well. Rebekah didn't show any signs of response. She'd hardly spoken to any of the Weasleys since she left. Ms Weasley sent her letters, but most of her children were confused and hurt by her leave. Fred and George still made an effort to talk to her, but she brushed them off. They didn't have any classes together, they never did. She was a year ahead of them.