The origianal story

SCHOOL'S OUT. PERMANENTLY (Title WIP)
I guess it all started in the weeks before that fateful morning. All over the country, schools were being attacked by the terrorist group Hotor. They would surround schools, blow them up, and then invade neighborhoods, if they were close enough. But it always happened in other places. Kalamazoo, Cleveland, Seattle, and even Juneau. The only problem was that they struck randomly. No one could figure it out. And no one expected them to strike the tiny town of Farmington.

That day was just like any other boring day. I got up, ate breakfast, took a shower, got on the bus, and rode it to school with my best friend Olivia. We chatted about our homework and crushes and stuff. Then we got off at school, and went our separate ways. She had class downstairs in 5DC, while I was in 5AM. We started out normal too, with math, and then it came. We were just doing decimals, when the announcement came: "ATTENTION TEACHERS: SOFT LOCKDOWN. HOTOR HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN THE AREA. PLEASE STAY INSIDE, SPEAK QUIETLY, TURN OFF YOUR LIGHTS, AND SHUT YOUR BLINDS AND DOORS. NO BATHROOM BREAKS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY."

Everyone went silent. A few girls, like Lauren and Grace, started sniffling. Even the class clowns and bully went pale. "It's ok, we're ok." Mrs. Manallow kept on saying to herself. She finally said, "Kids, please take books, flashlights, and any other emergency supplies you have to that corner. Phones are allowed, but please don't use the wifi or turn up the sound." We suddenly realized how bad this situation had become. Phones were never allowed. Ever. Mrs. Manallow shut the blinds, turned off the lights, and closed the door, and then she sat down with us. "It'll be okay," she comforted us, "They're in the area, it's not like they're here." Then "bzzzt. ATTENTION. HOTOR IS CLOSING IN ON THE SCHOOL. PLEASE REMAIN CALM, AS THE POLICE AND S.W.A.T ARE ON THEIR WAY. STAY WHERE YOU ARE AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS. I REPEAT: FOLLOW ALL IN. . . " And then there was a gunshot sound. And then there was nothing.

I would be lying if I said chaos didn't erupt. We had all seen this in movies, but never had we seen something like this in real life. We didn't know what to do. So most of us just sat there. Some kids were whispering, "We're gonna die!" Nobody denied their statement. Then someone jiggled the doorknob. We all sat there. No one moved. We were all terrified. Then, someone shot the lock and opened the door.

Everyone panicked. Someone came in and started shooting at us. I dove on the floor after a gunshot and pretended I was dead. I held my breath and didn't breathe. Finally, he left. I assessed the damage. About two thirds of the class was dead, and Bea was missing. I, being me, created a mental plan and left the room. I knew what these people did. I went to the science lab. They had a secret room up there. As I walked, I saw a discarded pistol. "Just to be safe," I thought as I picked it up.

I walked into the science lab. Empty. I walked into the closet. Empty. I pulled down the secret ladder. There was Bea, with a gun in my face. "Ebay!" I cried. She put the gun down. "We have to go," I told her, "They will start exploding soon." We both crept out of the closet, out of the lab, and into the hallway towards the stairwell. I started to say that we needed to get out, but then I was cut off. The building exploded.

We were shot through the windows. I turned and saw my crush, Ai, was falling and was gonna die. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. I grabbed his arm, pulled him closer, did a weird spinny thing, and landed safely in the grass. "Ai!" I cried, "Ai, wake up!" He finally came to. "What just happened? Did you just... did you just save my life?" "I guess I did," I replied. I helped him up after he promised me he was okay. All around me, there were people. Some were getting up. Some were not. Then, another blast rocketed through the building.

I saw as Ren'ai-chū, a guy I knew who liked me, falling in a way that when he landed, he would break his neck. "Ren'ai-chū!" I cried. No one would die, if I could help it. I dove towards him and flipped his head up at the last second so he landed on one leg. I heard it snap. "Ren'ai-chū, are you okay? Ai, come over here!" I yelled. He came to, and said to me, "You saved my life. Also, my leg is broken." Ai and I helped Ren'ai-chū up. "Hurry, we have to leave, before another bomb goes off!" I announced over the chaos. No one disagreed.