Chapter 13- Topsy Turvy

"He tried to rape me."

I slid down to the floor sobbing, not able to stop the tears from falling. I felt Sammi's arms wrap around me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," she kept repeating to comfort me. She handed me a napkin to wipe my tears before she spoke up. "I should have known he was lying. He told me you guys had sex. I would have definitely known when you had sex. You get this little sex glow and perky smile on your face." She pouted. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you I'm so terrible."

"No, you don't have to apologize. I was terrible for what I did."

She gave me a half smile and squeezed my hand. "Do you wanna tell me what happened? You don't have to..."

I shook my head. "You deserve the truth. The WHOLE truth." I explained to her what happened from the beginning. I didn't leave a single detail out, from the first night we arrived to tonight. She knew about AJ and Codi. She knew it all.

"Wow."

"I know." I placed a hand on my now pounding forehead. "It's a lot." I heard footprints walk into the kitchen and I got up as fast as I could. "Oh thank God it's you."

"Yeah are you okay?"

I ignored his question. "Are they still in there?"

"No, they went outside. I wanted to check up on you... are you okay?" Codi asked again, worry portrayed on his face.

"I'm okay." Without saying a word, he pulled me into his arms. I breathed in his cologne and smiled. He was just what I needed.

"Sorry to interrupt all this cuteness," Sammi said. "But... what am I gonna do about AJ?"

"That son of a bitch deserves whatever comes to him. Just tell him to go to hell and he'll get the hint," Codi suggested.

I looked up, a question lingering in my thoughts. I needed to ask him, even if it wasn't the right time.

"AJ told me that you guys never really got along... why?" I wanted to ask him about his ex girlfriend too, but I decided to wait on that.

Codi sighed before leaning back on the kitchen counter. "There was an incident a while back when we rented out the place to some girl. I had certain feelings for this girl... and AJ knew that. One day I came home from surfing early and found them in bed together. It fucked up our friendship for good. It also made me realize he's a sneaky, manipulative shithead." That had answered my question about the girl. No wonder they never seemed to get along.

"Do you think AJ could use this whole incident against you and kick you out?" I was genuinely concerned that I had messed up things for him.

He shook his head. "Nah. I pay rent just like him. If anything he should be the one to leave."

"Well." Sammi adjusted her plaid skirt and tousled her. "He might just do that after we talk." She poked her head out to see out where AJ had been playing football with Jude and Bryson. "Wish me good luck." She gave me a saddened smile before departing from the room.

"I feel bad." I turned my attention back to Codi, who's hands were still wrapped around my waist.

"Yeah, I know." He leaned in for a kiss but turned away from him.

"Codi this is serious."

"Yeah, I know. So is me wanting to kiss you." I rolled my eyes and he gave me a peck on the lips.

"So a girl you used to have certain feelings for huh?" I raised a brow and gave a mysterious smile.

He groaned. "I knew you wouldn't let that go."

"Was she a blonde?"

He sighed before giving in to the trap I had set up for him. "It doesn't matter what she is because you're cuter than her."

"Oh so now I'm only cute?" I joked. I loved to push his buttons.

"You're gorgeous." He leaned in for a second taste of my lips.

"Sexy?"

"You're the sexiest woman I've ever seen." He pulled my face closer to his until I planted a kiss on his lips. He immediately reciprocated by pulling me in deeper into a slower, more sensual kiss.

"Hot?" I said in between kisses.

"Just shut up and kiss me," he mumbled. I smiled and continued to make out with him for a while until I realized something.

He hadn't even tried to touch me.

I intensified the kiss using my tongue and tugged on his hair. Nothing. I even pulled on his shirt and pressed against his risen groin. Nothing.

"Okay what's wrong with you?" I asked him as I pulled away from his lips. "Do you not think my body is desirable or something?"

He looked at me confused. "No, why would you think that?"

"Because you haven't even tried to touch me. Not even my ass. Does it have something to do with me?" I bit my lip nervously and glanced around.

"No, no that's not it you're perfect. It's just... I didn't think you would be comfortable with it since that whole AJ thing." My stomach churned at the mention of his name. Codi noticed and immediately took my hand and squeezed it tight.

"But this is different. I want to feel desired by you. And I know you would never do what AJ did."

"Yeah but... I don't know." His blue eyes darted from my face to the floor, then back to my face again.

"Okay relax. So don't touch me." I paused before thinking of a brilliant idea. I pushed up against him and started to lift his shirt over his head.

"What are you doing?" he questioned. I hushed him as I tossed his shirt to the side and began kissing his jawline down until I got to his chest. When I started to unzip his shorts, he pulled me back up. "We can't do this in kitchen."

I left out an annoyed huff. "Would you relax they probably won't be in here for another hour or two." He let out a sigh and mumbled a few cuss words to himself before responding.

"I don't think we should have sex yet," he stated. I couldn't help but look at him confused since it was the first time I had ever heard that statement from a guy. "I feel like having it now would be for the wrong reasons."

"That's not true," I objected.

"Really? Can you 100% tell me that there's no part of you that wants to have sex with me because it'll piss AJ off?" Yikes. I couldn't exactly agree. Although I knew I did legitimately want to have sex with Codi, I also had to be completely honest with myself- I was still angry.

"Okay. You're right," I admitted. "I would never expect you to turn down sex from me."

"Yeah well trust me it was harder than it looked," he scoffed. I took one last glare at his abs before handing him back his shirt. I watched as he pulled it over his tanned, defined body. He seemed unreal, like a character sketch I had written for a book. "So I hope you're a fan of first dates," he smirked.

"I'm not," I shrugged. "But for you I'll make an exception depending on where we're going." He shook his head before chuckling.

"Nice try but it's a surprise. Be ready at 7 okay?" A surprise? I was never good at those. Not knowing where I was going or what I was doing left me with one dreaded anxiety causing question: what do I wear? I didn't want to overdress or under dress. I hated not being prepared in one way or another.

"I don't like surprises," I admitted while flashing a nervous smile.

"You'll like my surprises," he reassured me while sweetly kissing my cheek. "I promise."