Compensation

"Do you have to go alone?"

"Absolutely not. I'm going with Dilli"

"What about your protection Milady? The world is full of dangers you know especially for a young beautiful maiden" Reuban said stroking her cheeks

Ayla blushed but managed "I have guards with me but if you are so concerned I shall ask Sir Gregor to accompany me"

"Don't ever let that birdy loving bastard near you" Reuban raged

"You know you look cute when you are jealous" said Ayla pinching Reuban's cheeks

"The word cute has got nothing to do with 'The Robber Knight' Milady and I'm not jealous"

"Of course not. You are a honourable knight. Now stay here and take care of the renovation work while I'm away"

"Why do you have to throw insults like that? Honourable? Cute?"

Ayla smirked

"Alright I'll be back by sunset with herbs and medicines that we need"

"You are not going to listen, are you? Okay let me get my compensation then" said Reuban pulling her closer

"What are you taking about? I don't owe you anything and I'm not giving you anything"

"If course you are. And it starts with the letter S and ends with letter E and has letters e,d,u and c between them"

Before Ayla could comprehend Reuban swiftly lifted her "let's finish the business shall we"

"Let go of me" Ayla ordered "I didn't promise you this"

"You did"

"Did not" Ayla glared

"You think I didn't hear you that day? Let me recall what you said 'Come out alive and I'll let you seduce me. I'll let your wicked way with me....' and the last thing 'forget about marriage' that's what you said" said Reuban recollecting

Ayla blushed and looked away "I don't remember saying any such things" but truly remembered everything that she uttered that day when Reuban saved her father.

"And also you said 'I'll let you do it anytime you want"

"I didn't mention about time" said Ayla

No  she definitely didnot say that.

"So you did say about the wicked way"

Ayla opened and closed the mouth. She was caught. 'How could be so stupid Ayla' she scolded herself

Reuban grinned devilishly. 'it's just a grin why are you so taken by it foolish girl. Get a grip and tear yourself from him' but she couldn't.

She couldn't hear guards freeze and run away, she couldn't hear gasps of her maids and couldn't hear Dilli stumbling and muttering apologies. She couldn't hear because Reuban's mouth occupied her's.

She felt something behind her. 'What was it? Definitely not soft but quite comfortable'. She touched it to find out. 'Oh! The haystack. Adequate' she thought.

Suddenly she heard somebody neighing. 'Shush! Whoever is making that noise. Shut up' she wanted to say. 'People don't neigh. Who cared what people did? I'm busy anyway'

When they broke apart, Ayla realized where she was and what was going on.

She pushed Reuban and managed to stand ''you will not do this''

"Sure I will. Watch me"

"Reuban stop. I have to leave immediately and you better leave me"
Ayla cupped Reuban's cheeks "please Reuban can't you wait for me. A little"

"What do you mean little? Our marriage is next week. And a week has 7 days which contains one hundred and sixty eight hours which consists of ten thousand and eighty minutes"

"Waiting isn't that bad. Can't you do this for me?" Ayla said looking into his  eyes.

"Milady. Everything is set for your departure" said a guard from behind.

"You interrupted us puny codpiece" growled Reuban

"My apologies Sir" said the guard fearfully. One could see his hands shivering.

"Let us leave then. Take care Sir Reuban and try to be nice" said Ayla kissing his forehead

"I'll get you" Reuban said grabbing Ayla's hand

"You will but after a week"

Ayla left and Reuban had to be away from her for one day. 'This girl has no mercy' Reuban thought ' And it is one of her admiring qualities'

Reuban had to another lady to attend and she hated delays

______________________________________

Thank you Milords and Ladies for spending time and reading the story.

Sorry for the late update. Had been busy doing nothing. 

comment

vote

If you like the story.

And also thank you so much for those who voted. You people encourage me a lot.

Enjoy reading