twenty five

eve's mom didn't let eve visit taehyung. she was not keen in having her daughter visiting a killer.

in fact, no matter how many times eve had tried to persuade her about the fact that taehyung was a nice guy, her mom still wouldn't budge.

eve was trapped. she was in her own mind, and in her own soul. her own world.

she felt like if she didn't see taehyung one last time, she wouldn't be able to be happy.

so she lied.

-

"taehyung?"

"eve. e-eve, what are you doing here?"

eve stared at taehyung through the mirror, her breath uneven and her heart unsteady. she noticed that taehyung was wearing what looked like a long blue uniform, the kind that she saw people in jail wore in movies.

she didn't think she'd ever see taehyung in it.

"i want to talk to you, that's why, taehyung." she dropped her gaze back to her hands.

"i know i won't be able to get rid your death sentence." she saw him wince, "b-but, i just really had to say this."

taehyung's eyebrows furrowed, and he tried to smile at her.

"okay."

taehyung was wondering why eve was here. didn't that lady he talked to say that eve was scared of him? he couldn't help but wonder if she had changed her mind about him.

"i don't blame you for seokjin's death. i really don't, so i don't want you to keep thinking that i do. and i've never once thought that you were a bad guy."

eve paused for a moment. she thought again.

and then.

"time's up." the sudden strict voice of the officer made eve jump, and she widened her eyes in alarm. she turned sharply toward the officer, before landing her eyes on the boy sitting in front of her.

eve still had so much more to say. was time that fast?

taehyung smiled warmly, as if he was trying to reassure her that it was going to be okay. that he was going to be okay.

the officer brought him up to his feet, and eve found herself standing too.

"eve?" taehyung said, his lips trembling and his eyes unwavering. "thank you for saying that. at least now i know that you don't hate me.

..thank you."

eve bit her lip to stop herself from crying. but it was no use. this boy, this boy had been her friend.

why-- she thought, why had she ever chosen to ignore him?

now she was drowning in too much regret, and eve had thought that she was going to be fine after.. this.

but talking to taehyung hadn't solved anything, it just made her more empty.

end.

eve'sOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara