Sacrifice

It was a dark, stormy day, and Karen had just got finished work. She hopped out of her car and ran into her small apartment. She dropped her keys on the coffee table and lounged back on the sofa. She switched on the tele and turned on her favourite show. After a long day at work, she was hungry and tired, so she got up and made tea, with some crackers to settle in her stomach. Soon, she drifted off to sleep.

Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt.

Karen's phone rang. It woke her up and she quickly answered it. "Look, if I get another threat from another unknown number, I'm calling the cops to arrest your ass for harassment."

Karen had been recieving nasty letters and threatening calls from unknown numbers lately. It was all because she stood for what she believed in. Karen was a lesbian who proposed to her girlfriend in a restaurant a few weeks back. Everyone was sending hate mail and making threatening blocked calls. She was starting to get so upset, you could call it depression. She could barely go outside without having a water bottle thrown at her head- at the very least.

She cried for about an hour after she received the last call, and settled herself down. She started to get quite hungry. She opened up the fridge, and saw she needed to go shopping. Reluctantly, she walked out the door and started down the road.

Karen screamed as she was pulled into an alleyway against her will. "Come with me, you dirt bag."