Chapter 63: Lucky

"Well Hadrian, looks like it's done."

My father nodded and took a long sip of his beer as he eyed the stack of smoke in the distance. "Not quite, we still need to poof the rest of those rogues to the portal then destroy it."

"How do you destroy it?" Andrea asked as she sipped on some ice water while Jaxon pulled her back to lean against his chest, his hand moving to rest over her stomach.

"Fire," my father said. "They'll set it on fire."

"Fire like water cleanses all," my mother breathed out as Ethan pulled me to his side.

Evan was walking around with a pan of brownies in his hand, passing them out to Lander and Claire who gobbled them down while Lucas stole two for himself and Jane. Levi looked at him and shook his head. "Dammit Lander," he grumbled.

Eve just started laughing. "Come on Levi, it's fine," she giggled out.

Levi eyed her as she blushed under his gaze. "Eve?"

"Baby it's fine," she said while waving him off. "It's not going to kill him."

"Dammit Eve, are you high?" Levi put his beer down and held her face in both his hands. She looked at him seriously then broke out in laughter which just drew laughs from the rest of us.

"Have fun with that," Jaxon chuckled out before he took a sip of his beer.

I let out a long sigh and looked around, a smile on my face while my beast and I purred in contentment. Derek was drinking champagne from behind a DJ booth in the backyard of our pack house while Elliot mixed some tracks on a turn table he had set up. Dominic was laughing his ass off with Barrett, both of them eating brownies that just made my father groan at the sight.

Jake was getting some more beer from a keg while some Lusa warriors rolled more in as Caden opened up a bottle of wine behind the make shift bar in the corner of the yard that he had set up on a little plastic table–one of many scattered throughout our pack house that was crammed with wolves inside and out.

Deryl, Ajax, Fitz, and Bradon had a similar party at Ajax's place. Deryl, Ajax, Angeline, and Talia had poofed in for a bit at our party. Deryl joked that they wanted to steal a keg until they actually stole a keg to which Evan swore swift revenge.

Alex had left with Alister after the pack house, Aurelia's pack house, had burnt down. He went back to Anchorage to check on Steven and the other vampires at the coven house, before he was going to head to Vancouver to check on Derek's coven house.

I knew he had spoken with my father before he left. My father still wasn't a fan of Alex, but right now Alex and him were not trying to kill each other which was more than what we could have hoped for.

Penelope was running around with Lyle. They had found all the Girl Scout cookies which my father was more than impressed that they found. I guess it was some close guarded secret that Micah had. My father promised both of them next time they came to visit that he would help them 'locate and rescue' the cookies, which only made my mother laugh wildly. She told me later that she had a whole case Micah gave her that she was hiding from my father.

Cora was laughing with some of our females. Our females that took incredibly well to her, which made my heart swell for her. Remi was sitting next to Ryder, Ryder's arm around his shoulders, bullshitting back and forth with some of the other trackers while they drank margaritas that Remi made that were according to Ryder, 'the shizz Char.'

"So what's next?" Jaxon asked.

"Actual peaceful negotiations," my father chuckled out.

Levi barked out a laugh as well as he pulled Eve closer to him; Eve, who had this warm look on her face, like her whole body was turning into putty. "I wouldn't recommend killing anyone at the actual national council meeting, although that was the most entertaining meeting I've ever been too."