chapter 37

It wasn't until I was almost to the ground that Dean started helping me down. He gave me an expectant look while I rubbed my hands on my jeans and ignored the sting of the little cuts the bark made along my palms. He must have read something in my face because he suddenly became a lot more serious then he was before.

"We need to leave." I said and started trekking back the way we came. I wasn't sure how to get back to the entrance to the park without moving back to the crime scene. Dean was right behind me and I could feel his impatience but I didn't look back at him, it didn't take us nearly as long as it did to get where we were before. I waited until we cleared the trees before I spoke.

"There was sulfur in the tree." He went from annoyed to shocked real quick.

"Sulfur?" He questioned. My hand reached up and covered the tattoo on my chest, suddenly thankful that that symbol was the one I chose. I nodded and looked around the clearing. "Son of a bitch."

"That's what I said." I started to get a weird feeling in my chest, almost like something bad was going to happen. I started looking around again but I couldn't see anything. Dean looked at me with confusion. "We should leave." He didn't question me and we started moving towards the path that led the way to the entrance. We both had the mutual agreement to ignore the police tape and just use the path the park provided instead of going back the way we came. He held the tape us for me before stepping under it himself.

We didn't make it ten feet down the path before I heard the sound of someone walking towards us. I held my hand up for Dean to stop and by the look on his face I knew he heard it too. I gave him a panicked expression, not sure what to do. He grabbed my arms and began jogging back to the clearing. He held up the tape again and by that point we were full out running. Didn't matter who it was, or what it was. Just the chance of it being a cop or someone that was looking for me was enough for us to get the hell out of there. We didn't any fire power needed to take down demons at this point in time. We just made it into the tree line when we heard it.

"FBI!" Morgan's voice cut through the trees. Dean and I didn't stop running. The second we stopped was the second we would get caught. That's just how things like this work. "Freeze!" I could hear him tearing though the brush and I sped up. Dean matched his pace with me, I'm almost positive that he can run faster but he didn't. I was really happy that I was really showing. This would be a lot harder if I had a large basketball for a stomach.

I wasn't sure what we were going to do once we made it to wherever we were going. We were going in the opposite direction to the front of the park. I don't know his town in the slightest and I know for a fact that Dean doesn't either. He grabbed my arm and pulled me though a large bush and then sank down behind a tree, pulling me close to him. He peeked his head around the trunk behind us before turning towards me.

"That one of your friends?" He whispered. I nodded, trying to catch my breath. Exercise and pregnancy doesn't go well together. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the tree and tried to listen for Morgan over the sound of my heart beating. "You good?"

"Give me a sec." He didn't say anything because we suddenly could hear Morgan walking though the branches. We must have lost him for a second because he wasn't running like he had been earlier. This is really starting to feel like what happened almost four months ago.

"Addison?" Morgan called. Of course I didn't answer, what the hell does he think this is? Dean pulled his legs in close so they were better hid by the tree. I had already done that. I heard a stick snap on the other side of the bush and I held my breath. He was going to find us, no doubt about it. The only thing that we can hope is that we get away without being arrested. "Reid's really worried about you?" I gave Dean a look, trying to show his my thoughts though my eyes. When he gave me a confused expression I reached down and stared drawing in the dirt between the roots.

I'll distract.

He shook his head and I chewed on my lip annoyed. I ran my hand over the dirt erasing my message.

He wont hurt me.

He shook his head again.

Ideas then? He narrowed his eyes but froze at the sound or Morgan walking around the bush and tree. I widened my eyes at him, telling him to make a choice. He looked at me then over his shoulder before quickly wiping the words away and writing his own.

Fine

I nodded and stood up, keeping my body pressed against the tree. Just before I started leaving he pulled on the leg of my jeans.

"I'll find it." I nodded and patted his head awkwardly. I then began walking around the bush, trying not to make any noise. I didn't want him to hurry around Dean's side, that would defeat the whole point. I crept around the tree that was on the other side of the bush. I peeked my head around the trunk and saw Morgan just about to turn the corner. I moved around the tree completely and started backing away from him. I knowingly stepped on a stick. He quickly turned around and I started running once again. Much to my lung's dismay.

"Addison! You're making this harder then it needs to be!" I heard him running after me but I didn't stop, I needed to give Dean enough time to get out of here. It didn't take him very long to catch up to me. I wasn't running as fast as I could have. Not only were my lungs running out of oxygen but my legs were sore from hiking all day. He grabbed my arm, of course my first reaction was to literally throw him over my shoulder and I immediately felt bad afterwards.

He quickly got up and I wasn't sure what to do about it. I was far enough that I was sure Dean had more then enough room to get the hell out of here, but now I have to figure out how to get away from Morgan or I have to bite the bullet. I glanced around to the trees around me, but I really didn't want to run anymore, and I don't even know where I would go if I did keep running.

"Don't make me have to handcuff you." Morgan took hold of my arm again, much like he did the very first time he found me in the woods. I looked up at him and thought over my options, oh wait, there are none. I couldn't just run again, that would get my in even more trouble then I am now. But the thought of having to look at Spencer and lie straight to his face left a bad taste in my mouth.

"I can still kick your ass in a pair of handcuffs." I couldn't let the comment go unanswered. He grunted in reply and started pulling me though the woods.

"Where's your brother?"

"Don't know what you're talking about."

"This isn't a game Addison."

"Never said it was." I pulled my arm from his hand and gave him a look when he turned around quickly. "I'm not going anywhere." I rolled my eyes and started looking though the woods making sure that I didn't see Dean lurking around anywhere. Morgan didn't notice my looking and I was glad. I knew that he already knew that Dean was here, and I'm sure he knew that him catching me was only a distraction and that if I had had another option he wouldn't have gotten me.

"You want to tell what you're hiding?" He looked back at me. "Before we get back to the police station?"

"I don't have anything to tell you. I'm not hiding anything."

"Then why did you run?"

"I told you, I just needed some air." It sounded pathetic even to me but it was all I had off the top of my head. Me running didn't do me any good in terms of making myself look innocent. They probability already have a good idea of a lot of the crap my dad pulled with us growing up. We continued though the woods until we were almost to the crime scene when the tree I was walking pas exploded in a shower of bark.