FOURTEEN

· 。゚☆: *.
MOONDUST
»»————- gogt vol one. the guardians
CHAPTER FOURTEEN ━━ fireflies

 the guardiansCHAPTER FOURTEEN ━━ fireflies

. ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* 🪐🚀🔥
♯ ❝LET ME GO RIGHT NOW! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

    THE ENGINE OF THE MILANO WAS STILL SPLUTTERING as Gamora stepped out of the crash-landed ship and led the group forward. The ship—while somewhat intact was in no condition to fly anymore, leaving the group with a new problem their twelve procent plan didn't cover. But for now, the group marched on.

     When everyone was outside, the Milano's doors closed, and their only source of light had been erased, darkness now consuming the room.

    Midas breath wavered, she could hardly see a few feet ahead of her, but what she did witness were numerous dead bodies of Ronan's lackeys, with their weapons still in hand, ever so loyal in the face of incoming doom.

    Alerted, Midas clipped her staff loose from her belt, the cold metal making her feeling comforting. Her thumb brushed over one of the buttons and it extended to its full lenght with a soft swish.

    "I can barely see," Drax groaned, lowering the large blaster he was holding in irritation while the rest of the team let out mutters of agreement, but it seemed Groot had a solution for their problem.

    He lifted his arm slowly and opened up his palm, and from it— like some sort of miracle, thousands and thousands of little creatures resembling fireflies fluttered around the room, immediately emitting a yellow light.

    Midas stared at the little creatures in complete awe. Her eyes were wide as she stared at the the tiny creatures that were illuminating the room. Her eyes sparkled from the light they gave and as the all spread out they looked like the stars just outside the atmosphere.

    "When did you learn to do that?" Drax, for once had something serious to ask, his question laced with genuine curiosity

    "Pretty sure the answer is 'I am Groot'," Peter jested, but he too was amased by Groot's actions. His eyebrows were raised in surprise, as he stared all around him in shock and slowly, his eyes fell on Midas who was gazing upwards her eyes as bright as the tiny creatures. A faint light illuminated her feautures perfectly and it brought him to smile.

    "The flight deck is three hundred metres this way," Gamora announced as she let her eyes flicker back to the group and she continued to lead the group forward.