Chapter 2

Sorry it took so long to update

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to bright lights in my face. I closed my eyes and waited until they adjusted. Once I opened them I saw I was in some kind of basement. The walls were musty and it smelt of mold. I could not see any people, but the light was really bright and shining in my eyes. I tried to move but I was tied down in a wood chair, I struggled but could not escape. I could feel my iPhone in my pocket, but then I remembered it was dead. It was hopeless I was going to die the day before high school starts. Wait what day is it? I don't know my brain answered. I was going crazy now, I could feel the ropes around my hands digging in to my flesh. I screamed for help and struggled even more. My chair fell over and my face smashed into the ground. I cried and cried for help, but nothing happened. I felt and other hand on my neck. I screamed "No" as a needle was stuck into my neck.

I awoke in the same chair it had been sat up. The light was gone and it was just darkness. I squinted into the darkness, but I could not see anything.
I just sit there for hours staring into the dark. I start wondering if I am dead, is this what heaven looks like. No I am not dead, but dreaming maybe. Yes that's it this is all a bad dream and I am going to wake up any minute now. I squeeze my eyes shut, I would pinch myself but I am tied up. Although this is hardly the time for sleep I drift off into a well needed nap.

I awake, I gasp for breath. I don't open my eyes I am afraid of what I will see. I feel softness all around me, am I dead. I slowly open my eyes and see, my room! What I bolt up and scrabble out of bed. I look around puzzled, my room, how? I run downstairs and see my mom siting at the counter reading the newspaper. I run over and hug her. When i release her she stares at me puzzled. 

"What day is it?" I ask.

"Its your first day of high school, dear. Are you running a fever, your acting awfully strange." she feels my forehead with a concerned look on her face.

"I'm fine mom, i just had a bad dream." I sighed. I cant believe I thought that was real.

"Do you want to talk about it, sweetie?" she asked still concerned.

"Naw, its ok mom i have to get ready for school anyway." I walked upstairs to get ready. it sure has been a weird day so far. I walked back down after I had gotten dressed. That's when my fear for the first day of high school came flooding back. It will be fine I reassured myself. I packed up my stuff into my backpack and went to grab some breakfast. I munched on my toast and looked out the window. That dream had been so realistic, my wrists had hurt so bad. I looked at them and saw faint red marks. How had i not noticed that before. i could not tell my mom for sure. I ran upstairs to grab a sweatshirt to conceal it. when I came back down the bus was waiting and my mom was gone. I ran outside but the bus was gone before I came outside. Looks like I am walking to my first day of high school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that took so long to update.