One : The Hunky Ex-Marine

Warning: This book is published so not all of the content is available. The Chapters available here is the Kindle Sample. One Friday Night is available on Amazon for ebook and paperback :)  

~*~

Have you ever had a hangover? Yes? Good. At least, there's some mutual understanding going on between us in this particular playing field. We've made so much progress I'd hate if we hit a snag.

Now, have you ever promised to yourself you are never going to drink again and broke that promise, anyway? Hell yeah? I did too. I knew I'd regret it, but do I care? No. No, I don't.

As soon as I have regained clear eyesight from my sleep, I immediately recognize that I am not in my own bed. The bed I am in, to put it in simpler terms, is much bigger and smells too much of the opposite sex. Plus, I do not do ultra-sized beds. I get cold at night even with the blankets. Not to mention, there's a half-naked man sleeping beside me who probably caused me to reach out for the bottle of whiskey on the nightstand.

Who leaves booze on their bedside table? I wonder idly. I'm not going to complain, though. I need it.

As I take a mouthful (and keep myself from cussing out at the bitter taste), I try to picture this in a non-embarrassing light as if this is the morning after a normal one night stand; something that I would never have thought to do and certainly something that I would expect waking up to naked or at least half-naked ― not wearing my tattered and dirtied wedding dress.

Wait, my gown last night... Oh, crap. No― oh, vomit!

I desperately try not to panic or make any sudden movements that will surely cause my stomach roll and for me, to get a repeat of last night on black satin sheets now, though, instead of a pretty suit and expensive leather shoes. All I can remember of last night was signing a piece of paper and emptying the contents of my stomach on Ryder. After that, he tried to drag me home, but somehow, I managed to down the whole content of a whiskey bottle as I got chased around. I also distinctly remember eating a cheeseburger and some fries while slumped on the sidewalk. The rest is a bit blurry.

I should be gathering my stuff and taking off right now, never looking back. I shouldn't have even drunk last night just out of pure sadness. That was stupid. The wise Allie should never even be drinking at six in the morning for goodness' sake. I look down at my gown. Gee, couldn't he have changed my clothes? I mean, that's what a gentleman would do, right? Last night's events sum up pretty clear in my head. There is just one little detail I had to freak out on when my eyes land on Ryder Black.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP, YOU CREEPY BASTARD!"

Ryder opens one sleepy eye after the other before groaning. I ignore the shivers running up and down my spine at the sound.

"What the hell, Allie? It's too early for you to scream the building down," he mumbles, shutting his eyes again.

"I swear if you don't get up, you will regret my method of rubbing your damned sleep out!"

He must have known better to obey a woman who is shouting at six in the morning wearing a wedding gown and reeks of alcohol. How very smart of him.

"All right, all right," he says as he stands, letting me get an eyeful of his toned body. I avert my eyes and stomp down the blush. "I'm up."

"Is my memory serving me right? Because it tells me that I signed a freaking contract consenting to be your wife in three bloody months!" I exclaim.

He raises an eyebrow in mere amusement at me before stretching. I watch as those muscles flex and ripple. Pfft, never mind he's half-naked, at least he has a nice body. And nice abs. Did I mention he has a nice body and has nice abs? I did? Twice? Oh, good.