Chapter one: Hated

I ran out of the classroom tears streaming down my face. I didn't mean to. I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't mean to make Stacy's hair turn blue. I don't know how I did it! It just happened. I just know I did it. They all hate me so much, and I've never done anything to them.

I ran faster as I reached the field. Eveything keeps going wrong. What's wrong with me? "Delilah," I heard Drew call. Drew was one of the only people who care about me. The only people who care aboput me are Drew, my boyfriend, Mitchel, his best friend, Lucy, my best friend, and Destiney, my sister.

I buried my head into my knees as Drew called to me. "Oh Delilah. Baby what happened," Drew asked as he pulled me into him. "What's wrong with me? I turned Stacy's hair blue just by thinking about it! They all hate me," I sobed into Drew's chest. He pulled me closer. "They don't hate you darling, they just don't understnad you," He told me. "No, they hate me! They would just hate me more if they did understand me! Hell, I don't even understnad myself. There something wrong with me, and I don't know what," I said into Drew's chest.

"Look at me Delilah," Drew said as he lifted my chin to make me look into his deep brown eyes. I noticed he had puy his hair up in a quiff today. It was nice to see his hair out of his face for a change. "There is nothing wrong with being diffrent. We live in a word they just can't see. You, Mitchel, Destiney, and I, were diffrent. We just have to accept it. I'm some kind of dog, Mitch is a blood drinker, and you. Your the most special. I don't know what makes you special, but I intend to find out," he told me with a small smile.

"I just don't wnat to be, as you say, special. I want to fit in and not be noticed. I just want to be one with the crowd. I just want to make it through High School then run off to Paris," I said as I laid my head down on Drew's lap. "I want to be normal." I felt Drew sigh. "I know baby, I know." He started to run his fingers through my hair. We sat like that untill the final bell rang, singling, 'time to leave this hell hole'.

"Come on babe. We're going to have fun tonight! You, me, and Mitch," He said as he pulled me up. I looked at his with a skeptic look. "You know you want to!" I sighed knowing there was know way I could talk Drew out of a party. "Fine! But not to late. I'm not really in the mood to party," I told him. He smiled devilishly. "Not yet!" Oh no, what did I just get myslef into?