That Unseen Wall - Part 2

She felt uneasy. No…scratch that. She felt horrible.

This is a very bad idea. Why did I agree to do this?’ She questioned herself as she stares at her appearance in the mirror.

The dress that she was wearing wrapped perfectly around her body, like it was made just for her. Her hair was up, tied with a beautiful pin, with small strands falling to her heart-shaped face. Her appearance might be compared to that of a goddess if a pronounced frown was not etched in her face.

‘Oh..right. I agreed because of that guy.'

His childhood friend/secret love.

'Hmpf. So much from this.’

Her thoughts were disrupted as her phone rang. She fumbled her pouch and pulled out her phone. She answered, very certain who the caller is.

“Yes?”

“Where are you? The party’s starting.”

“I am aware of that. The music from next door which I can certainly hear indicated so.”

“Hey!! When can I get a serious answer from you?” He complained on the other line.

“I am serious.” She answered, with a bored tone.

“Right,” he snarled, “your definition of serious is composed of unending sarcastic remarks partnered with expressionless face. Why did I forget that?”

She chose to ignore him. There was a moment of silence between them, then she spoke in a low voice.

“Can I back out?”

He did not answer immediately.

“Hey! You can’t! I already gave you the book! You gave me your word!” There was a panic in his voice. “I’ll go to your place right this minute!” he threatened.

She laughed sarcastically. He was taken aback.

“Silly. No need. I’m coming.” She said apathetically.

She heard a sigh of relief on the other line.

“Okay. I’ll wait for you here.” He then hung up.

*****

She’s standing outside his gate. The music on the other side was deafening. She felt nervous. Surely, she was late. And now, she’s regretting because she did not go in time. Certainly, when she’ll enter, several eyes will eventually look at her. That was what she hate the most. Sharp eyes that will judge her.

Can I back out?’ She mused. She imagined his betrayed face if ever she did back out. She shook her head, and took a deep breath.

No, I need to do this. I promised him.’ Much to her disgrace, she does not want to disappoint him. She does not want to have a glitch in their relationship.

She opened the gate slowly. It creaked loudly when she pushed it open, gaining attention from the crowd. She cursed.

Great. What a bummer.’ She grimaced, but still continue. She approached the crowd, her stare solely focused in front.

Ignore them’, she told herself.

She did not notice that almost all the guests, especially the guys, gazed at her. No wonder, she was a beauty…but she did not know that. She searched for Shinichi, taking a glance around. She noticed some were looking at her, only to avoid their gaze when her eyes landed on them confusingly. She wondered if she looked awful. That will explain the looks of incredulity she was getting.