Chapter 5: Kryptonite

Eli, Violet and I were lying down in a circle on my bedroom floor, counting the glow in the dark stars that were pasted to my ceiling. We could practically hear the crickets chirping in the background. The boredom was eating away at our brain cells.

"Let's get out of here." Violet said, and we turned to face her hoping for a way out of this hell.

"Where do we go?" Eli asked.

"Well I know for a fact that Derek is throwing a party tonight." Violet smirked sitting into upright position.

"Yeah, a party we are not invited to." I snorted, propping up on my elbows.

"Oh please do you seriously think that with all the shit load of people that are gonna be there tonight. Derek is not going to notice that we crashed the party, Rori." She stated in a matter-of-factly way.

"That's true," Eli said, pausing. "I think it's a good idea. We should go it'll be fun." She pitched in, excitedly.

"I don't know guys; I don't know if it's a good idea." I said biting my lip nervously.

"Come on, we'll all dress real nice. No one is going to know or recognize you." Violet said standing up and heading into my closet. I quickly rushed in after her.

"Alex will! And he is going to be there tonight for sure." I said leaning on my closet door.

"And he won't say anything because you both have an agreement." She replied turning to face me with her hands on her hips.

"Please Rori! Let's go," Eli practically begged from behind me. I felt my resolve weaken and I sighed.

"Fine!" I said getting up and looking for something to wear.

"Yay!" They both squeaked in unison. I let Violet and Eli borrow crop tops to wear since they were both my size. Eli decided to wear a pastel pink halter top with ripped high waisted jeans and convers. Violet on the other hand went with a black tube top, shorts and booties.

I decided to go with a wine, red off-the-shoulder crop top, and skinny highwaisted jeans, with a pair of flats. I let my hair fall in natural curls while I painted my lips a dark crimson red.

To be quite frank, we looked very, very hot. So much for laying low, right? We all gotta let loose sometimes.

We looked in the mirror one last time before heading out the door. Miles drove us to the party of course he dropped us off a block away. When we reached the house light rays emanated through the windows and the music was blasting. I went up the steps of the house and opened the door only to reveal a very crowded living room full of people pressing their bodies up against each other as they danced. We quickly joined the crowd dancing our way through the dance floor.