Chapter 35- Alive

Cedric's POV

We were King and Queen, we were now the leaders of our race.

I still can't get out of my mind the breathtaking image of Kaylie in her whole-blooded form. She looked just like an angel. Of course I knew already this wasn't our last battle, there was more to come. I knew her wolf had told her the same, and I knew she had decided not to warn me just so I wouldn't worry.

-Angel?- I held her against my chest, burying my head in a side of her head.

-Hmm?- I could tell she was inhaling dreamingly my scent, so I couldn't help the chuckle that came out of my lips.

-I love you so much...- I kissed her mark, knowing the reaction I would get.

She stiffened and I could hear a faint moan struggling to come out.

-Okay, come on now, heard the kitchen's greatest cooks made their best yet for this event. It's incredible how fast it was all settled right?- she whined.

-Tease.- she mumbled under her breath.

"Not in front of the kid, sweetheart." I linked her and chuckled. I touched her belly once again, knowing a child of mine was growing inside it, inside of my beautiful mate.

She giggled and put her hand on top of mine, looking into my eyes deeply, with a blinding smile on her gorgeous face.

"Our kid, my love." she pecked my lips once more before dragging me over to the dining hall.

Everyone cheered as we went in and music started playing faintly in the background, while everyone got themselves a drink and the sound of talking filled the place.

-My King, my Queen, we are so glad you are okay, congratulations, we wish you the favor of our Moon Goddess. No one would be able to say there was a battle just some hours ago.

One of the members of our pack reached up to us.

Kaylie smiled at him and thanked him, glancing briefly at me. I did the same, holding her as close as I could, my wolf getting protective over her. I knew she had sensed something was off about him.

-It was very nice meeting you....- Kaylie trailed off to let him introduce himself.

-Landon, at your service my Queen. I am one of the forced rogues to join Darrian- my grip tightened around her waist and she began sending me warm thoughts to calm me down.

-My King.- he nodded once to me before smiling once more to both of us and leaving.

"That was... strange." Kaylie linked me. I could feel her unease, she had felt uncomfortable with Landon.

"Yeah, but don't worry about it, he is probably still processing everything that went on." I felt like I was more into comforting myself than her, I was trying to convince myself that he didn't mean any real threat to my mate.

"Yeah.. but still, you should make someone watch over him, he said he was one of the rogues after all.."

"Yeah, you are right, but let's not focus on this now, just enjoy the moment. My Queen and Luna." I whispered into the link, snuggling gently my face into her neck, inhaling deeply.

"Okay, just remember it, okay?" she smirked and snuck away from me with Viane and some of her other friends including Giana, our other Beta's mate.

"You are so gonna get it later." I growled into her mind.

She just chuckled and sent a wink.