Chapter 16.

After quarreling like a married couple over what type of chips to purchase among the various choices in the middle of the aisle, narrowing two down - Sweet chili Doritos or Ruffles, we turned a few heads in the process, but to avoid anymore attention, and just to let the guy win, I willingly agreed with Louis and his Doritos pick. He victoriously plopped the bag of chips into our cart midway filled with goods, and pushed it in the direction of the cash register.

We exited the grocery store with four full bags of edible goods in hand, which make me strongly question if I'll recover from the probable future food coma, but food is food, and food is mighty delicious, so who am I to worry?

"Hey Harold," Louis spoke as we got in his car after placing our groceries in the trunk.

"Hm?" I hum through pressed lips, after making sure the trunk door was shut securely, sliding into the passenger's seat.

"You wanna go glow bowling tonight?"

I bit my lip, and glanced at him once the kept my eyes on the road once we drove out of the lot. I had to take a minute to think about it because it instantly crossed my mind that it'll only be the both of us, therefore people will think we're a couple, which is what I desire the most right now, but don't two platonic guys go out and hang out together with only the two of them, all the time?

That definitely seemed sketchy though. But how could I say no to those glistening puppy eyes?

"If you don't want to, it's totally fine with me, I mean I knew we weren't doing anything else besides being at your flat, and we do have the whole rest of the day and night to do whatever we wanted." Louis chuckled slightly, filling in my unintentional silent reply, but I surely sensed lying underneath was hidden hope that I would agree.

"No, Lou. I actually think it's a fantastic idea. It's only because I haven't been bowling for a few months so I may be rusty, just to let you know." I confess, half in honesty.

"I could give you some pointers, or do what people do in movies and help 'em out with close intentions." Louis winked out of good fun, and I forced myself to brush off that flirtatious act.

"If that's what it takes to become a better, skilled bowler," I slowly grinned. "I'm in."

"Great! Don't worry, you'll be in safe hands." Louis smiled, keeping his eyes on the road.

~ ~

"Yeah, I won, I won! You lost! Take that, Tomlinson!" I exclaimed as those precious beautiful X took place in the last box of the game, on the monitor displaying our scores above us.

"Easy, curly, this isn't the Olympics." Louis strutted over to me, more amused than irritated by my arrogant outburst. "But I gotta admit, I'm impressed."

"You better be, but hey, it was a close one anyway." I pat him on the back, in sympathy. "Oh well, looks like you gotta treat the winner."

"You think I wouldn't stay true to my word? Harry that hurts." He pouts, as he took his seat and began untying his bowling shoes. Still unfair how he got the decent looking ones and I got the original, ugly kind.

"Nah, just checking." I reassured him. "Let's get a move on, shall we, before those girls get a move on us." I murmured, glancing at the girls at the lane aside us who we always caught constantly in giggly, high pitched fits and rarely taking their eyes off of us. I don't get how celebrities tolerate this type of thing in public; but kudos to them.

Our bet was that the winner had to be treated by the loser to a decently large cup of frozen yogurt with all the toppings they desired. But being the humble person I am, I decided to share with Louis. I couldn't actually be that selfish, even if we had a bet on it or even if I wanted to.

~

"So when you were 16, you would be nude almost 24/7?" Louis laughed so hard that I thought he was running out of air to take in, arching his head back as we pigged out on the countless junk food we provided for ourselves for the evening, and the slight mix of beer to add to our unhealthy diet tonight, thanks to Louis. We sat at opposite ends of his cozy sofa, and spent the majority of our time rambling and relaxing with his music playing through his sound system like background music in a movie.

"What can I say? I like to be wild and free." I boosted, running a hand threw my curls to keep them on top of my head, taking a sip of my beer bottle in hand. I've drank before, but I always attempt to limit myself before the alcohol can affect me. But I gotta admit, I could sense myself slipping into the tipsy state, and he clearly was too.

"Wild child, eh? With such an innocent face, I could never believe it." Louis smirked that sly smile that made me shudder with a sensation that drove me insane, setting his now empty can on the coffee table. And to think what he could possibly physically do to me that could seriously drive me insane- well, that's a different story.

"Well you better, because it's hard to tame someone like myself."

"Whoa, you're quite the bragger."

"Am not, I'm stating facts."

"And I'm stating the fact that you're a bragger."

"What are we? Back in grade school?" I arched an eyebrow, rolling my eyes.

"Doesn't matter, no matter what I'm still going to be older than you, hence you better agree with I say, or else." He threatened, shooting me a serious glare.

"Or else what?" I pressed, leaning forward with crossed arms. "Tell on my mummy?"

"Nah, I'll just show you I have power over you, Because I'm clearly the dominant one in this friendship." He boasted.

Friendship. That word echoed against the corners of my mind, and has haunted me since the day we met, especially the day I realized he wasn't just another one of my sister's boyfriends. Nowadays, I didn't associate the term "ex-boyfriend" of my sibling when I looked at Louis. Louis was the guy I've let myself fall for, and I was in deep feeling for him, and I found one thing after the other to adore about him.

I shook off my worries, and remained unaffected. "That's so not true."

"Oh, it isn't?" He quirked an eyebrow and crossed his tan arms across his chest, mocking me. He quickly leaned forward to fake me out, but I wasn't phased. "Do I intimidate you?"

"Mmm..." I began to say, but then he actually started crawling toward me slowly, legitimately seeming like a panther closing in on its weak prey. And boy, was I weak. Maybe I truly was the inferior one.

"What about now? Do I make you nervous?" I feel his legs gradually slide against mine as shifts his body in a straddle position hovering over my body. It took all my willpower to suppress a moan that was practically trying to tear itself out of my throat. My conscience was repeating,

'Don't let this happen, this isn't good. Do not let this happen.'

In this moment in time, it was too easy not to resist.

"Not one bit." I say with a cold hard stare and set my drink down on the table without leaving my eyes off of Louis' enchanting blue eyes that pull me out of reality completely and into an entirely different world, where me and him only exist.

I watched as Louis' eyes left mine, trailed my body up and down and back up to meet my eyes again. He then abruptly forced my arms up against the couch arm rest above my head, exhaled his warm breath on to my face, our noses inches away from each other. The aroma of beer didn't bother me, it drove me even crazier.

"You can't fool me, Harry. You are like an open book. I know I make you nervous. Always have."

My breath hitched and I felt my body become tense.

"Psh, so? What of it?" I attempted to played it cool, or at least tried to, but Louis wouldn't buy it.

"You're scared to take a risk."

"No, I'm not." I insisted.

Louis leaned down into my ear and whispered, "then why don't you prove it, wild child?"

~